Echo cs 620P air filter seal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flexwingman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked up a new cs 620P with 24" bar. I had actually bought a cs 680 but sent it back to the dealer un-opened and got this 620. Hope I did the right thing. They have just discontinued the cs 680. I've got a couple 450's and love the auto style air filters they use. This new 620P has the clam-shell type. I can't see how it won't let dust get into the engine. There is no seal, just hard plastic against hard plastic where the filter meets the intake spout going into the carb. One guy used an o-ring on the filter. I tried it and it seems to work well. I also put an o-ring on the filter where the threaded rod goes through it. As long as the seams on the clam-shell don't leak, it should be ok...Sure like their older style air filters though.
Anyone had any issues with Echo's newer style air filters??

i just smear a little automotive type of grease on there -- do the same thing with huskys.

the 440 stihl and the 6100-- now they have excellent filtration.

Really like my 620P with a 24" bar. I modded the carb limiters so I could tune it and opened up the muffler deflector just a little. The mufflers on the 620 have no catalyst like some of the smaller saws have. They breath well and don't really need opening up at all. The saw runs very strong. I've cut a couple 3.5 foot plus trees down with it and bucked them up with now issues. I use my modded 450Ps for smaller work and love those saws as well. I use two 450ps with 18 pro-lite bars and this 620P 24" bar. I'm thinking of getting a cs 800 with a 32" bar for cutting and bucking the big trees.

Up date on my 620P, still love them. I've cut with guys using the two most popular brands and the 620 seems to run stronger and cut faster than most. I know the chain and how it's sharpened has a lot to do with how they'll cut. I had one guy want me to pull his built Husky over to see how much compression it had. Afterwords he pulled my 620 over and admitted it felt like it had more compression. He cut with it and was impressed.
They run great on Amsoil 50-1 Sabor. I've put a lot of hours on the 620 and it runs as well as ever. It pulls a 24" bar full chisel easily.
I'm doing a little climbing and use the Echo 355T. Nothing but good to say about that one as well. I wish I could try out an 800P before buying one. I'll get the chance at some point.

Still wondering if anyone has had any issues with the cs 620 or timberwolf air filters sealing? I'm borrowing trouble here because I've really had no trouble and have run them with and without o-rings. I'm running two 620Ps now and just love their performance with 24" bars.

Back