Photobucket Missing Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oologahan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On almost every forum and board I visit any pictures that were posted from a Photobucket account are unavailable for me to view. When I go to my Photobucket account it says the ONLY plan that will give me access to these pictures cost 399.99 a year. So I guess posting pictures from Photobucket is useless. Anyone have a different perspective on this?
photobucket.PNG

If you want a storage place for your pictures on line and be able to 3d party post to forums there are a few options.

Imgur is one place. I have been useing it for a bit and still working on how it works.

postimge.org is another and seems easy to make alubms and share the pictures to forums and other places.

Picture trail is also a good site for storing pictures and posting them to forums but they doi limit the amount of pictures you can store.

:D. Al

I don't understand using a third party picture storage service, even free ones, a Terra byte external hard drive or large removal hard drives are really cheap anymore.

But you have to jump thru hoops to post to forums and multiple sites is even harder.

:D Al

But you have to jump thru hoops to post to forums and multiple sites is even harder.

I was talking about adding a external hard drive or flash drive to your computer or even phone. I can plug a 64 GB flash drive storage device to my phone and I have four 64GB flash drives in a hub attached to my computer. Why would anyone want to host pictures at some site that could shut down anytime without warning, its happened many times

I was talking about adding a external hard drive or flash drive to your computer or even phone. I can plug a 64 GB flash drive storage device to my phone and I have four 64GB flash drives in a hub attached to my computer. Why would anyone want to host pictures at some site that could shut down anytime without warning, its happened many times

Does not work that way. In order to post pictures to online message boards they need to be hosted online somewhere. Thats what millions of people used Photobucket for.
If someone is dumb enough to rely on cloud storage or other online services as their only means of personal picture storage, they deserve what they get when the site goes away.

I store my pictures on a flash drive I also up load them the 3 sites I listed above for posting to forums, I did find a flash drive in a parking lot several years ago, the guy who it belonged to must be doing some thing else for information storage today.

There were blue prints for a machine and the set up instructions on the drive along with baby pictures and beach pictures with a scantly clad blonde.

Does not work that way. In order to post pictures to online message boards they need to be hosted online somewhere. Thats what millions of people used Photobucket for.
If someone is dumb enough to rely on cloud storage or other online services as their only means of personal picture storage, they deserve what they get when the site goes away.
Then how is it that I post pictures rite off my computer?

you can post to a site right off your computer. But with a hosting site you can post a picture on 3 or more sites at once.

I do my deer pictures that way On the hunting sites i belong to.

Some forums have the capability of on-site hosting, but many don't. That is why millions of pictures across the web are now gone. On site hosting uses bandwidth and costs money, off site picture hosting does not cost the forum owners anything.

I read many forums that are now devoid of most of the picture content, thus rendering the site completely useless when the pictures were used to describe a problem, event, or solution. Most of these were from Photobucket, but AOL and CompuServe also failed to maintain their storage sites and pages as well. My main complaint with the internet though isn't free then paid hosting sites, but rather the volume of lies and deception typed by morons who believe they know the answer to every problem known to man, not because they don't have a right to be stupid and make an ass out of themselves (yes, I've been guilty as well), but because one cannot remove the false information from the internet that always seems to come up on the first page when doing a google search

Hi, Oologahan. Do you know John Craig, there in Oogalah? He's on a lot of Goldwing forums. I also have friends by the name of Berg a bit south of there.

Back