Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have an extra good condition 3400 clutch cover? The 3400 I just fixed up is good except the chain tension part of the cover is broken so I can't use it. Let me know, thanks!

Here is the said saw, nice shape after cleanup and replacing the fuel tank, clutch, fuel lines and muff mod!

View attachment 618685
Out of luck on my end. Sorry

I picked up a 330 that has a large hole in the oil tank, you guessed it right behind the Adjuster screw, saw runs perfect otherwise, can this be welded up? Is the case magnesium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is bad
60bd61e1ed87813ab267b8170cfe34d2.jpg
how exactly do you do that?

Let me look also. I have a box full of S25 parts and may have the circlips

Been looking over three years now since Bob’s post #32612 above, but I finally found a NOS bag of the S25DA & 25D piston pin cir-clips...had actually given up.

Hate to reuse the old ones.

The “C” shaped round wire ones usually come out bent since they don’t have any ears on them, nor any extraction reliefs cut in pistons, but that’s what I had been doing.

Been looking over three years now since Bob’s post #32612 above, but I finally found a NOS bag of the S25DA & 25D piston pin cir-clips...had actually given up.

Hate to reuse the old ones.

The “C” shaped round wire ones usually come out bent since they don’t have any ears on them, nor any extraction reliefs cut in pistons, but that’s what I had been doing.

Part # please?

This one is badhow exactly do you do that?

AH. Because folks dont know how to line up bar adjuster pin and make sure it in is the bar hole. They then put the clutch cover on with pin behind bar and tighten down the bar nuts. This pushed the bar into pin which pushes into crankcase cracking or punching a hole in it. Like you see.

Seen many of them this way.

Great pick up. My first saw prior to my 3400 was a Micro. Still remember how my hands tingled from the vibration.

Yep I had bought one new. Gave it to dad many years later to replace his mini mac he bought new. Gave him a trim saw with AV saw couple years ago so the poulan just sets now.

I cant take the vibrations to the hands anymore. So AV saws anymore for me.

Latest posts

Back