Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news. CalFire MVU Engineer LODD on thomas Fire near Fillmore, Ca.
New evac orders in that area today.
Details pending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He got over run.

Cal Fire San Diego Unit Fire Apparatus Engineer Cory Iverson died from thermal injuries and smoke inhalation, an autopsy performed Friday found, according to the Ventura County Medical Examiner Office.

Big Iron workin the “Thomas Fire,
4f79117de5598c9dc41a9ee055a59585.jpg

Checkout the freeway going up the other side [emoji106][emoji106]

Erik

Back in my USDA days about 40 years ago my district was called to deal with a growing fog layer in Northern California most of my crew rode a bouncing bus to the Staging site, but we had a DC-3 that no one believed that we could get along with out. So the over head told the tractor boys put in a little air strip and by morning sure enough there it was fully loaded with all kinds of equipment. Thanks

One time when working in the Ochoco National Forest. After grading a little landing strip we had portable showers a small store a trailer mounted grill enough camping spots for 2,000 and a pile of 20,000 sleeping bags most new in just 30 hours. My pilot only allowed the same amount of equipment that I jumped off with to get back on with. I did manage to grab some shake and bake tents though. After 15 days the tractor crews started burying all the equipment. Thanks

One time when working in the Ochoco National Forest. After grading a little landing strip we had portable showers a small store a trailer mounted grill enough camping spots for 2,000 and a pile of 20,000 sleeping bags most new in just 30 hours. My pilot only allowed the same amount of equipment that I jumped off with to get back on with. I did manage to grab some shake and bake tents though. After 15 days the tractor crews started burying all the equipment. Thanks

Govt at work. That’s like the 50,000 tons of ice unused after Katrina but stored for a year [emoji13][emoji13]

Erik

Merry Christmas Drip and everyone else here.

Hey could you do me a favor? I would like to see what kind of heavy equipment problems have occurred on the Thomas and other fires. A friend of mine who is contracting one dozer told me last week there has been around ten roll overs, a couple burned, a masticator burned, a couple excavators roll, one burned. Is there a way to find this on the internet? Even my cats walking on my computer have found where the info might be. How about you?

FWIW -Shirts are tucked , Jackets (Ca) are not.
Probably residual from a firing op. If they on a roadway I imagine their line gear is close.
Low intensity and the roadway is the TRA

Erik

Back