Stump burl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleb

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
we've been cutting the ash trees in our wood lot this year... one of the trees had a large burl at the base... is it worth anything? if so does anyone know where someone would go about selling it? thanks
I1kvRdx.jpg

Looks like there may be a fair amount of hollow. Either try local wood turners or EBay. I know several folks who have had good luck selling things like that online...

It is hollow but the area that is hollow does not get any wider than the hole seen at the top... so towards the middle there's several feet of material that looks solid... the diameter around the middle is probably 5 feet give or take...I check eBay... it would be hard to ship... strapped to a pallet its got to weigh many hundreds of pounds...

Whatever you do, don't let it get burned or sit there and rot. If I were trying to sell it I would probably cut it up into pieces that fit into flat rate shipping boxes and sell on eBay. It may not technically be worth as much in pieces, but it sure is easier to sell that way. Large enough for boal blanks they should still be worth something.

Back