Rookie needs help cs590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigriver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I'm a newbie here I really enjoy all the info on here!my problem is I got a cs590 echo and can't get it to idle? It got a mm and the caps are off.do set the H and L one turn out and where do I start the idle screw?lm a rookie at tuning but want to learn so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok thanks I will check out the basic tune! See if I can advance a a notch on tune skills!

In the manual it says back off to stop but there's no caps on it! turning ccw until stop is letting the screw fall out! I'm probably missing something of course but that's why I'm on here! Thanks again

With the 590 the high side jet has a bypass. You can turn it all the way in till its seated and it will still flow 80% of what the saw needs to run. 1 turn out on the H needle will probly be really rich. Wish I could find @Andyshine77 video on tuning the 590 he shows how to do it starting from scratch. There good running saws once setup right.IMG_20171201_100636.jpgSorry I can't be more help never had to adjust the idle on mine.

With the 590 the high side jet has a bypass. You can turn it all the way in till its seated and it will still flow 80% of what the saw needs to run. 1 turn out on the H needle will probly be really rich. Wish I could find @Andyshine77 video on tuning the 590 he shows how to do it starting from scratch. There good running saws once setup right.View attachment 619388Sorry I can't be more help never had to adjust the idle on mine.
Thanks for replying all of you on here pretty much are a good advice givers

I followed your advice on my saw today and felt confident it would bring good results! And I did get to start idleling for about a three mins but it would just die out again!!I'm thinking that the L screw vibrates loose from where I put it. It's not very snug at all it turns so easy in Tha setting the threads might be bad maybe!I'm about ready to buy a new walbro and just replace it!! Frustrated with that one!!

I followed your advice on my saw today and felt confident it would bring good results! And I did get to start idleling for about a three mins but it would just die out again!!I'm thinking that the L screw vibrates loose from where I put it. It's not very snug at all it turns so easy in Tha setting the threads might be bad maybe!I'm about ready to buy a new walbro and just replace it!! Frustrated with that one!!

Does it seem loaded up after extended idling? Just before it dies.

By loaded up you mean real rich and barely running then die?that's what it does so i try to lean it but get it oh so close to a good idle!then idle but then just dies, then it's hard to get that spot again!!you think maybe a component in the carb might need replacing on the idle?

Hello I'm a newbie here I really enjoy all the info on here!my problem is I got a cs590 echo and can't get it to idle? It got a mm and the caps are off.do set the H and L one turn out and where do I start the idle screw?lm a rookie at tuning but want to learn so any help would be greatly appreciated!
This may help.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Back