Mini skid steer screw splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Having some trouble moving the really big rounds. I can get them in the grapple bucket but often they get stuck. I was wondering if anyone had built a screw type splitter out of a post hole auger. My thinking is use this to quarter then lift onto my main splitter. Thoughts are appreciated!

I don't know the size of your machine, but what about using forks? You could also quarter them with a big saw or bust them open with maul and wedges if need be

I've seen some of the screw splitters and always thought they were slow, make a mess ripping the wood to shreds, and don't separate the blocks. I think my 660 with the 25" bar is quicker, Joe.

Just a regular dirt bucket to get them up on the splitter? That's what I do with my little Massey SCUT- can strap them on but better with two people.

I just did a search for screw splitter, and of all places, Walmart has one. Goes on a 3 point auger, I think it was 195 bucks. Says, split whole trees with no waste, Joe.

Latest posts

Back