The best version of the 026/ms260 is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Which iteration of the 026/260 produces the most power, has best throttle response, etc.? I know there were a few cylinders used over the years and a few carbs...I’m thinking I might want to add one to my 50cc collection and want to get it right. Would be wearing a 13”bar and .325”, if that makes a difference.

For what your running, any 026 will do.

If you want more power, do a muffler mod, port work, advance timing and adjust squash to .020. Also get an adjustable carb.

Really no need to hunt down a “perfect” 026/260 when they are easy to build out of any carcass.

I always heard the red lever stihl saws were the best runners. Never any proof on my own though. But figure it had something to do with the stock cylinder porting that was on the saws at the time.

Sort of like I found out on the 262's. stock later mahle cylinder ones to me was oh hum nothing special. But the early 1990 with K&S cylinder opened my eyes.

As far as bone stock factory saws, the older 026. They came stock with several different carbs. The ones with the Walbro wt194 are best in my opinion. The 194 is the largest of all the carbs they used from the factory. Also like the sprocket ran oil pump.

Latest posts

Back