MS462: These specs are unheard of!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just talking sh1t!! Love me my Dolmars and was admittedly rolling my eyes a little about how everyone was basically busting in their pants over the 462 and it's specs. I'm sure it'll be a sweet saw.........................................................BUT NO 7900!!!! BAM!! Happy new year stihlies. ENjoy them dranks everyone!!

I'm just talking sh1t!! Love me my Dolmars and was admittedly rolling my eyes a little about how everyone was basically busting in their pants over the 462 and it's specs. I'm sure it'll be a sweet saw.........................................................BUT NO 7900!!!! BAM!! Happy new year stihlies. ENjoy them dranks everyone!!
I get your point & agree with it. Dolmar in the saw market did very well off the back of the 6400/7300/7900 series of saws, many who ran & owned them bought other Dolmar products. Did Dolmar really design the 7900 with this unprecidented power to weight ratio and great handling design? Or was it engineers from another company??? They sure took the credit for the series, ever heard of a little saw producer in west Germany called....

There's a marketing scam going on with the 462. Look at the little itty bitty single inner bucking spike and that miniature clutch cover. When this thing hits the west coast it'll have full wrap, a large clutch cover, oversized dual spikes... How much weight will it add?
Marketing scam? Official saw specs have never included those options.

6.3 hp/13.9 lbs!!!
2.2/lbs per hp!!!

[Fart Noise]

https://www.makita.co.nz/products/model/DCS7901/60

Oh wait - those are the specs of a Dolmar that's been around for more than a decade.

TROLL HARD!!!!!!!

True, but the weigh spec. of said Dolmar never was true - at least not to my knowledge, on production saws that has been put on a scale.

Of course we don't know if they are true for the 462 yet....

yes, but just look at that nice orange color. and no flippy caps!!!!

4f2474605a594a9a2e7a0366e32a79f1--stihl-chainsaw-working-girls.jpg

If she hung out at my dealer I'd need a 2nd mortgage to pay for all the Stihl stuff I'd own. haha

6.3 hp/13.9 lbs!!!
2.2/lbs per hp!!!

[Fart Noise]

Oh wait - those are the specs of a Dolmar that's been around for more than a decade.

TROLL HARD!!!!!!!

Not even close to being the same. The 462 will handle better, last longer, and damn sure rev up faster. Dolmar is so clunky they have to use catalytic converter mufflers. Not to mention, they are just plain ugly. They are kind of like that ugly girl in high school you're friends with. It's alright to get dirty with as long as no one has to see you doing it.

Edit: Damn it, I got baited into an old topic lol

6.3 hp/13.9 lbs!!!
2.2/lbs per hp!!!

[Fart Noise]

TROLL HARD!!!!!!!
Well the problem with Dolmar is you can’t buy them everywhere where you can the Stihl. I’ve never even seen or heard of a Dolmar until I came here. I’m not against them because I’ve never ran one they just don’t have good availability in my area.

Back