New MS880 on version C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@splitpost

What do u change on ur 880?
You rpm without load
I tuned by ear, check with tach, and tested in wood which is how I ended at 12k it sounded good at WOT and cut fine in smaller wood. Once I cut in stuff bigger than 36in it seemed week. I used tach to back it down to 11500. At WOT more roar and in heavy cut power band spot on like in video.

Hey guys ,I can't remember the finer details but it is all in the thread we had going,yes I used the early 441 coil ,084 carb and 088 boot ,it also has a husky deflector on the outer muffler cover ,it really made a big difference over stock ,hey BG how you been mate

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I tuned by ear, check with tach, and tested in wood which is how I ended at 12k it sounded good at WOT and cut fine in smaller wood. Once I cut in stuff bigger than 36in it seemed week. I used tach to back it down to 11500. At WOT more roar and in heavy cut power band spot on like in video.
@westcoaster90
What do u think about that?
A richer mix with more power?

Hey guys ,I can't remember the finer details but it is all in the thread we had going,yes I used the early 441 coil ,084 carb and 088 boot ,it also has a husky deflector on the outer muffler cover ,it really made a big difference over stock ,hey BG how you been mate

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Split and I did this together. Everything the same except carb and boot. That thread is long. Mine is optimized his is optimized and modified. He got more RPMs.

Back