Makita dcs6401 rebuild questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s was before my morning coffee and should be read as such! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No explanation necessary.

The people here have answered your questions, maybe not directly or to your liking, and you have rebuked a lot of the answers/advice offered. There is no harm, no venom meant, many of us (myself included) spend a fair amount of time around here and *other* sites and have read a lot and have learned a lot.

anytime i see someone referring to their 6400/7300/7900 as having a "Big Bore Kit" on it i assume its chinese aftermarket cylinder because if it were just a 7900 OEM cylinder its not a big bore

One of my 6401 is getting a 7910 steroid boost. I bought all OEM parts from Nate. Were they more than aftermarket, a bit. But most people I talked to that upgraded with aftermarket stated they wished they had gone OEM. Many of the various AM parts weren’t up to par. So replace a few parts that you won’t use and you’re up to OEM price. Best benefit, techinacal support is only a phone call away from my supplier.

One of my 6401 is getting a 7910 steroid boost. I bought all OEM parts from Nate. Were they more than aftermarket, a bit. But most people I talked to that upgraded with aftermarket stated they wished they had gone OEM. Many of the various AM parts weren’t up to par. So replace a few parts that you won’t use and you’re up to OEM price. Best benefit, techinacal support is only a phone call away from my supplier.

kinda like this BB kit that was installed and didnt run correctly so the guy got aggravated and sold the saw . turns out the little chinamen cant install a brass nipple in the cylinder correctly so it wouldnt hold pressure or vacuum. I yanked it off and am installing an OEM 79 cylinder on a fairly nice 6401

AS 007.jpg AS 024.jpg AS 025.jpg AS 026.jpg AS 027.jpg

anytime i see someone referring to their 6400/7300/7900 as having a "Big Bore Kit" on it i assume its chinese aftermarket cylinder because if it were just a 7900 OEM cylinder its not a big bore
OK, well I'd like to report regardless that mine works fine. Maybe it's because a Weekend LumberJack worked with me to rebuild it and showed me exactly how he rebuilds all of his saw engines. The results speak for themselves. 'Nuff said.

I wonder why I even bothered.

Individuals like You seem to counter everything they are being told/recommended/suggested.
Ignore everything I wrote, I don't know crap!

Best answer from OP's is usually "I know what I'm doing, don't tell me wrong" - love that one.

Happy new year, for what it's worth!

I already had my coffee...

Individuals like You seem to counter everything they are being told/recommended/suggested.

Best answer from OP's is usually "I know what I'm doing, don't tell me wrong" - love that one.

Maybe you need another? :) maybe a longer holiday would help too

Never asked about engine tuning or chain sharpening. Reading the post and answering the question I asked is more helpful.

Anyway, the horse is dead. I found the parts I was looking for. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@GreenwoodCA report back in on what you actually recieve for a cylinder/piston kit, I'm curious what they send you since the true 7900 cylinder has been NLA for 5 or so years. I realize most places dont sell anywhere close to as many cylinder kits as me but i find it hard to believe a shop would still have a $200 part on the shelf from 5-6 years ago

@GreenwoodCA if you're still active, can you please report back on the parts you received? I have the same saw (that I love dearly) and unfortunately, I loaned it to a non operator, now it's :(. I'm about a cun# hair away from ordering a hyway BBK kit for it. I'd love to hear how your rebuild went. @fordf150 what do you think I should do? Any input would be much appreciated...and I've always had my coffee.

@GreenwoodCA report back in on what you actually recieve for a cylinder/piston kit, I'm curious what they send you since the true 7900 cylinder has been NLA for 5 or so years. I realize most places dont sell anywhere close to as many cylinder kits as me but i find it hard to believe a shop would still have a $200 part on the shelf from 5-6 years ago

I upgraded my 6401 last year. I bought the kit from Chainsawr I believe. In any case, it was the 7901 kit, not the 7910. Decomp on the correct side and everything.

Back