Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the best wood splitting weather we've had in 3 years but unfortunately a lot of water mains froze with the cold haha and I had to do real work....
I am jealous of that pile, it has been -20 or colder here almost every night since Christmas eve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

View attachment 623378

New splitter, a great improvement over the monster maul , works great splits way tougher stuff than expected. Split 3' diameter madrone if I can get it on the table. I rip everything to sizes my kids or I can man handle, splits it all.

Nice! If I ever were to purchase a powered wood splitter it would be a kinetic flywheel type. No hydraulic fluid or high pressure lines to deal with. I like things simple :)

I am jealous of that pile, it has been -20 or colder here almost every night since Christmas eve.

spring is back on Monday brian for 3 days!! two weeks of fishing has come to a short end! so its back to the woods and the wood pile to replenish what was sold over the last couple of weeks ... 14 or so pole length cords of red oak and maple to block an haul home before the next polar vortex..... happy cutting scrounger's!!

spring is back on Monday brian for 3 days!! two weeks of fishing has come to a short end! so its back to the woods and the wood pile to replenish what was sold over the last couple of weeks ... 14 or so pole length cords of red oak and maple to block an haul home before the next polar vortex..... happy cutting scrounger's!!
Agreed, i am going to split for the next few days, 35 degrees in January? I will take it.

I hear you !! still need to replace the exterior dr. door handle on the tonner before I can scrounge enough energy to keep opening the door through the wing window!! lol and replace a worn out starter before Monday morning... ... danged fishing time just keeps getting in the way of work?

After a couple weeks of cold weather that wasn't fit for man, nor beast - the weather broke, and we settled into the high 20's for a morning cutting on the log pile and splitting next year's wood.

Scout is my inspector, and chief security officer:
IMG_2092.JPG

Great day for the Dolmar 510, and old favorite that doesn't get its fair share of the cutting any longer, but laid down a nice bed of chips to keep me out of the mud if this warm weather gets serious.

IMG_2093.JPG

Stay safe guys, and Happy, Healthy New Year to all of you

Back