Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark,
Things got very busy past 2 years. Bought a new house one town over, added one to the family. Actually I had to unload some saws. But I kept a bunch. I had triples and quadruples of some so those went. I'll have to take a picture of the current line up. Nothing new, slim pickings around here lately
Congratulations on the new addition. Is that the second one? Boy or girl.

Buddy super glued a cracked set of points on a 2.1 craftsman/poulan today.

I almost fell over when it started and ran. Just to prove it was a good repair he took it out and cut some brush out behind the shop.

Later I said Spose ya need 2 sets of points just in case!

IMG_2586.JPG IMG_2587.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4245.JPG IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4250.JPG Me and dad did a big scrap metal haul before thanksgiving. The circumstances were sad, a 92 year old friend of ours had a sawmill for 50 years in Carlton. My dad would buy rough cut lumber from him and I did too. His son and helper worked at my dads shop. Last year he was killed in a terrible woodstove accident, his helper Dino had just left to get them sandwiches and when he got back the front of the shop was on fire. It was very sad, an old man who still ran the mill and operated his case construction king to go like that. Unfortunately no one in the family wanted to keep the mill or land which had his house, the shop and a barn on 4 acres. Over the years the old man accumulated a lot of steel, from 30' I beams to truck bodies. We took out 60,000 lbs in 4 days with 2 trucks. I wound up getting a lot of tools, chains, binders, sheets of diamond plate steel a PP 305 and a really cool HART chain breaker and spinner. Was sad to junk the old mans stuff the money went to the family. Anyway thought you guys would appreciate the story
Top 2 are pics of the mill when he was still running it last October
Some of what we hauled. That big Cat diesel came out of an old cable shovel, the old mad had it as spare. We sold that

Just noticed that the new Poulans come with the chains on backwards, must be some new technology on chains.
d7f7c7ba44ccd32d051b4a91e2c880d9.jpg

Steve

That may be the best clutch cover decal I've seen since they were on the store shelves!
If it is as good as it looks can you get a few high definition photo's of it?
Maybe we can have some printed up.

Mike

Mike I dont have a camera worth a hoot for such. But I will try for you. As they can be re popped.

Last 2 have had nice clutch cover decals.

#1 before this last one

#2 today.

ptabb2.jpg ptaj17b.jpg

Latest posts

Back