Getting back into full service stumpin.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolverineMarine

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well guys, here I go again with a resuming my stump grinding business. I bought a brand new Rayco RG 45 yesterday and I’m just waiting for it to be delivered next week. It’s one of the very last models available with the 44hp kubota tier 3 diesel. Wish me luck!

Good luck to ya! Kubota makes a great diesel, your wise to buy before the tier 4 final machines come out. Congress and the EPA have pretty much improved diesels to the point of ruining them. Curious- why did ya get out of stumpin? Enjoy that new machine!

Good luck to ya! Kubota makes a great diesel, your wise to buy before the tier 4 final machines come out. Congress and the EPA have pretty much improved diesels to the point of ruining them. Curious- why did ya get out of stumpin? Enjoy that new machine!

After I graduated from college and completed my final enlistment in the military(ironically about only a week apart) I sold all my equipment and chased oilfield money in North Dakota for a few years, met my girlfriend while I was out there and moved over to Minnesota about 4 years ago. We bought a house that year and I’m now a union crane and heavy equipment operator. I missed the hard and honest work of running a stumper and have toyed with restarting the old business again for a while now. I knew if I was going to ever get a chance at being a dominant player in the local area I had to get a much bigger and newer machine than my previous one capable of doing all but large commercial clearing, so I did a lot of research, asked questions, and decided on another Rayco machine and here I am again almost ready to hit the ground in 3rd gear from the gates getting the word out I’ll be available to start work very soon.

Back