460 rancher max rpm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had to work on my 460 rancher today. I know I know it's not pro, I literally built it for free out of a box of parts. It wasn't wanting to run WOT today. I cheated and just pulled the limiters off so I could tune it.
I got it cutting like brand new, but I can't find anywhere max unloaded RPM. According to my Stihl edt8 is somewhere around 12.8k to 13.2k it sounds plenty heavy but there again idk for sure. Am I safe? Too rich? Too lean?

Im gonna say too lean...Husqvarna stats say 9k max. That's assuming max in the cut. If possible, safely record max rpm while having the bar buried in some wood and report back. I had trouble locating unloaded max rpm as well.

I think the 9k they talk about is under load, but then again their not very clear on this. I'm gonna download an operator manual and see if it's in there.

I finally found it buried in a online operator manual, max RPM is 13.6K limited, the 9,000 is where the engine makes the most power. So I should be ok

Back