Drolet Heatpro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heat pro has that plug in the floor like the tundras . The caddy uses a grate up near the front and that leads down to the ash drawer . It's sealed with a gasket surround on the caddys and has a slick levered handle for easy operation instead of the wing nut things the tundra uses . I never liked the plug thing and used the shovel instead on the tundra . On the max caddy I actually find the ash removal setup to work great

Just figured something out with the Heat Pro and I'm wondering if I'm the only person to have it come up. From day 1, the fan motor has worked just fine, but was noisy on the lowest speed. (where it spends 90% of the time...) By noisy, think when an electric motor is just turned on, and in makes kind of a whine until it gets up to speed, and then goes to a quiet hum. In my case, the whine never goes away. Squirrel cage mounts directly to the motor. No belts, extra bearings ect. to cause any issues. Funny thing was, it suddenly started to get better. I noticed the filters were getting dirty, and the second i slid off the dirty filter ... the whine came back! I set my filter box up with 2 filters, 1 on each side for a non-restrictive path, and may have inadvertently cause a higher load on my blower motor, by actually moving more air. I'm going to borrow an amp clamp to see exactly what my loading is ... but just thought I'd ask if anyone else ran into this issue?

Furnace ratings are based on using a certain MC wood. Which it also requires to burn properly. So no point in testing with poorer wood.

Also outdoor temps are irrelevant to BUT output ratings. It will put out the same whether cold or colder out. Your house heat loss would go up, therefore needing more BTUs to stay warm - no way to measure that since every house & climate is different.

If you mean that it is rated to heat so many square feet - those are hokey ratings to start with. Just too many variables.

Latest posts

Back