Getting my ms362c running properly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Reaction score
I have just bought my second stihl ms362c and while the chainsaw is running the chain is always moving round very slowly and every 5-10seconds the chain momentarily engages and spins round fast (without me touching the throttle), does anybody know what coures this and how to fix it?

Idle is too fast, clutch springs worn/broken, crankshaft bearing dragging (the bearing that the clutch drum rides on)

If it's a "C" model auto-tune saw it could be running kinda silly too. I have two of them and the newer one just got back from the doctor for having the adjustment solenoids replaced on the carb. It would run so rich coming down to an idle it would just die. On the occasions it stayed running it would do similar to as you described. Check the clutch and related parts first.

Thanks Jakers, I'm just in the process of changing the springs on the clutch, I took the clutch off the other day and it was full of shite, I cleaned it as much as I could and the chain has now stopped skipping, but it is still turning very slowly, with it being an auto tuning chainsaw does this have any bad effect if I decided to port it or put a couple of extra holes in the muffler?

Nope. you should be just fine. just do the idle reset on it when you're done. easily looked up on here through a search. tons of guys port these things and the carb learns the fuel parameters for proper tune without any trouble

Latest posts

Back