• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Echo CS800P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdiguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, i've got a new Echo CS800P I'm interested in selling. I did a muffler mo on it but it's never been started. Muffler mod being brazing an open back corner on the deflector shut and giving it more opening out the front. I have the powerhead and a 72lpx81 chain but no 24" bar. Looking for $600 willing to work with you on shipping. Can email pics, but it is brand new.

I'm going to take some pics of it tonight to put on craigslist. If you give me your email i'll send them to you. If you compare Echo to Stihl or Husqvarna, CC for CC they don't hold up. But you can buy a larger Echo for less than the price of a smaller Stihl or Husky. I would say a MS461 or a 576xp would be more saw for less weight than the CS-800, but more money.

I would personally buy an Echo over the Husqvarna 5 series. Slower? Yep. Heavier? That too. Still be running in ten years? Should be. Start issues? Roasted top end? Nope.

Weight and power seems to be the two biggest complaints versus Stihl or husqvarna. But considering echo is alot cheaper and in my opinion just as reliable if not more. The echo is a better deal in my opinion. Everything echo I have owned has been flawless.

Weight doesn't bother me that much anyway, I'm used to using a 660 with 36''bar. And I can deal with a little slower cutting versus Stihl or husqvarna.

I don't have anything newer to compare it to. Just using published power numbers. Other than my makita 50cc, but i got rid of the catalyst and it has an adjustable carb. I don't have a strato saw. My only comparison in that size is my 066 mag with a dual port muffler. Saying the difference is noticable is an understatment!

I don't have anything newer to compare it to. Just using published power numbers. Other than my makita 50cc, but i got rid of the catalyst and it has an adjustable carb. I don't have a strato saw. My only comparison in that size is my 066 mag with a dual port muffler. Saying the difference is noticable is an understatment!
But 93cc is going to be more power regardless.

Back