Ms362 c-m chain options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave0846

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
3c14b1ce7b6034f6f6f03ddd736201a0.jpg
1c2d117db8ead1a6be7d1908c24d7d5f.jpg

So I went and brought this today [emoji4][emoji4]
Currently running 3/8 chain my question is, is there anything to be gained by running 325” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could run .325, but I think you'd need to run a 9 pin sprocket because of the spline size on the clutch drum. I could be wrong about that though.

Personally I'd stick with 3/8, but a .325 9 pin setup would fast and smooth. Nice for limbing. I think you'd lose torque for bucking though, and .325 dulls a little quicker and takes a little longer to file since there are more cutters for the same bar length.

I run mine with same 3/8 20" 72 dl . Stihl RM semi chisel. Always cuts very well. I got mine with ES bar but switched to Total/Tsumura Light fwiw.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Keep the chain sharp on that beauty!! And cut away !!:chainsaw: I prefers 3/8 . If the wood is dirty I use safety chain the green link . It will hold a edge longer​

No. ;)
I don't know which chain yours came with but if it is Stihl's own "yellow label" stick with it. You'll be hard pressed to find a better all-purpose chain.

And say hello to your saw's sibling:

i-hrqzLVd-M.jpg

Just out of curiosity where was your saw manufactured?
Mine is of the German variety
Took it out today and dropped 8 decent size gums and was super impressed with it

Mine is of the German variety
Took it out today and dropped 8 decent size gums and was super impressed with it

Yes, it's an excellent saw. I personally really like M-Tronic but apparently most people still thinks it was devised by Satan and his little wizards to steal their souls... :D

Latest posts

Back