2260 jonsered ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elanman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was looking to buy new or good shape used 2260, my others question is with rumors around here in upper Mi dealers are telling me that Jonserd is not going to have much of a saw line in the near future? Bringing back the RedMax which I have had and loved.
And yes I want a red saw not an orange one
Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, jonsered will be going away, sounds like only a handful of models will be transitioned to be sold under the redmax brand, id guess the 2260 would be one of them but i dunno.

I am just cutting firewood with the saw. And after thinking about Jonsered going buy the way side I think I will wait for the new Max to come out.
Does anybody have any info on them that is around that 60cc size ?
Thanks again.

Yes, jonsered will be going away, sounds like only a handful of models will be transitioned to be sold under the redmax brand, id guess the 2260 would be one of them but i dunno.
The J/RED brand going away is not good news.They were great saws .Model for model they were as good as any other saw out there in their size class.Probably won't be able to get parts support for older saws either.

If you are worried about parts availability, the J'red brand will keep on operating in Europe as now and the 2260 is a current model, so no problems with spares for a long time.
Buy a used one or one left over from the transition to the new RedMax brand and give it a loving home: it's a great saw.

PS: if you want a brand new red saw consider the Shindaiwa 600SX. It's the red dressed twin sister of the Echo CS620. ;)

2260 is one of the best 60cc saws out there. Get it now if you want one. Husqvarna has owned Jred a long time and parts should not be a problem. There will not be a redmaxx version of this saw.

I was thinking about that, but its so close to the 562xp. I'd rather have the 560 for the small bar mount.
I loved my 2260 but run 3/8" on it.
I have two 562's and have often wondered how they would do with .325.
Have you ever tried it?

No, never tried .325 on any saw larger than a 50cc. Really don't see any reason to?
I pretty much always used .325 on my old 254's and 357's. The only reason I ask is I have a lot of .325 bars and chains. I just don't use my 550 xp enough to use them all.

Latest posts

Back