372 Fell off skidder, what next?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codygary

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Alright folks, classic situation here, saw fell of skidder and got rolled under the skid, looks like the fuel tank, and most of the covers are shot, really don't know what the next step is, but trying to not have this be just another thing that sits in the shed for 10 years and is eventually tossed.

I really don't know much about wrenching on these but I think this would be a fun project to start on, especially since I have a 262 that I may do a rebuild on if that's not to far gone,

What's the next step guys? This thing worth trying to patch back together? 20180125_132956.jpg 20180125_133009.jpg 20180125_133014.jpg 20180125_133027.jpg 20180125_133039.jpg 20180125_133051.jpg

That's worth savings. The non X-torque saws are fairly sought after because they seen to run the best and are nuts with a good port job. Thou shoukd be able to find what you need here in good used shape to save some coin. Not much to it for what youy are replacing.

Looks like top strap on flywheel side is broke and possible crack in bottom of flywheel case half, hard to tell from pictures. Make sure you remove screws and any other usable parts from damaged pieces. I would rebuild it.

Tragedy for sure. RIP great warrior saw! Maybe get one of those Hutzl crankcases and put your top end on it. Hard to tell from the pictures but from what I can see, I would probably put it aside and wait for someone to run their saw without oil, burn it up, and buy it cheap.

Sent from my Cellular Moe-Bile phone using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to test compression without running it? having trouble getting her started with the fuel tank being all loosey goosey, can anyone link me to the parts i need?

Is there anyway to test compression without running it? having trouble getting her started with the fuel tank being all loosey goosey, can anyone link me to the parts i need?
What is the saw worth to you? To fix it right is not cheap!

When you say running it, you mean turning it over with the rope? There must be a way to do it and I expect someone with more experience to respond. I would probably be trying to secure it anyway possible (bungee cords, duct tape, bailing wire, clamps, etc.) to get a few good pulls out of it. Maybe put it in a vice and try to turn it over with a chain on the sprocket wearing heavy duty gloves - I predict that method will win the prize for stupidest idea ever in the forum.

Sent from my Cellular Moe-Bile phone using Tapatalk

Yeah you can test without running. If the cases aren’t busted. And if the top end is fine I don’t personally think it’s necassary. The saw didn’t fail it just got banged up. The crank isn’t hurt as the covers protected both ends.

Yeah I can get some pulls on it but they're not very thorough pulls as it's kinda jumpy with the tank being unhinged,

So I basically just need;

New fuel tank,
New Side cover,
New top cover(not the air filter cover)

??

McKean Supply of Bradford, PA has best prices on OE Husqvarna prices if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I can get some pulls on it but they're not very thorough pulls as it's kinda jumpy with the tank being unhinged,

So I basically just need;

New fuel tank,
New Side cover,
New top cover(not the air filter cover)

??
Hopefully that’s all you need man. They’re gonna call the side one a clutch cover.

Latest posts

Back