372 Fell off skidder, what next?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hl supply, a sponsor has a lot of parts you need and ship fast. I would block exhaust, intake and vacuum check that case through impulse line. Looks like case is cracked.

You looking for a saw that runs? Or a saw that looks pretty. I’d go aftermarket or used parts as I personally don’t polish mine Just use em. The aftermarket parts for this particular saw are just for looks. They look good too

I don't know exactly how to do these but am very much interested in finding out if the case is cracked, I honestly don't know which part is the case,

Thanks for all the info guys, I know to many of you this is a pretty straight forward or boring project, but as someone who only outs gas/oil/changes the B&C and goes to the dealer for everything else it's a little overwhelming.

Dealer basically said it's not worth fixing but I'll find out more from my dad if he said anything about the case/other mechanical issues and update y'all.

Turn it over with air impact on clutch side with removal socket or flywheel side with 13mm socket. That should give you a compression reading.

Turn it over with air impact on clutch side with removal socket or flywheel side with 13mm socket. That should give you a compression reading.
That's how it's done. I knew somebody would know.

Sent from my Cellular Moe-Bile phone using Tapatalk

I'd be concerned that would strip the nut or break the crank. I don't think an impact is the right tool. Maybe a powerful drill motor or something "smoother".

If you can do the work yourself it would make it pretty reasonable, using aftermarket parts. A dealer with his labor costs and OEM parts prices would make it better to just find another saw as it would cost as much or more than a good used saw.
It all depends on if the case is cracked or not. That needs to be determined before a decision is made. It would be sort $$$ to a saw nut on here that cans do all the work themselves to rebuild it. Right Duce??!!

If you can do the work yourself it would make it pretty reasonable, using aftermarket parts. A dealer with his labor costs and OEM parts prices would make it better to just find another saw as it would cost as much or more than a good used saw.
It all depends on if the case is cracked or not. That needs to be determined before a decision is made. It would be sort $$$ to a saw nut on here that cans do all the work themselves to rebuild it. Right Duce??!!
Correct. I believe it could be brought back to life and may know someone that has the needed parts.

I'd be concerned that would strip the nut or break the crank. I don't think an impact is the right tool. Maybe a powerful drill motor or something "smoother".

Yep, a drill is a better tool than an impact. I'd rather not say how I found out, but you can trust me on this one.

that hood can be fixed up with some rivets and some soft metal or decommissioned chainsaw plastic, thick leather works great. drill holes, close it back up & rivet away. pretty much just like suturing a laceration.

If you like, send it to me & I'll see what I can do. If the tank doesn't leak it might be salvageable too. Saws are usually never quite the same after trauma but backups are important.

I doubt the cases were compromised.. usually that kind of damage trashes the handlebar supremely, but yours looks good.

Latest posts

Back