Sometimes you win sometimes not. Always good when things work out.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a 359 to convert into a xpg for my dad. Bought all the parts to convert it. Spent more than I should have on the 359 but I was made a good deal on the conversion parts, so it offset.
Finally got around to starting on it and the case is rotten on the 359. Major bummer. Ohh well put on the shelf until I find a donor.
Last week I got a 2054W in a mixed lot. Looking it over it was pretty low hour, but got straight gassed. Looking though my parts bin. I actually had a new piston. Pulled it down and cleaned everything up. It's actually a darn good running saw and the heating system works flawless.

So not exactly what I had planned, but now my dad has something nice for the cold months.

Maybe I'll find a donor and get the 359 done up. Or Maybe a 2055 top end for this one eventually.

Steven

IMG_20171028_115246738.jpg

I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like I'm the only one who stayed lol.
Sounds like it worked out for you.
Wish I would have seen this before I sold the one I had needing work.
I'll keep my eyes open for something for you if you didn't get some cases yet.
Have a great day Steve.

Hey Brett. @cuinrearview was able to hook me up with a set of cases.

I was super pumped when I found the jred to replace the 359 with rotted cases. But dad never runs it. It doesn't have the grunt he is use to with his 365. So now I'm hoping that the 359 does better. And if not it's going to get sent to @t4driller for a little warming over.

Steven

I got most of a 365 in a box yesterday that I have plans for. Funny how we're all running the same stuff. I promise if you send a saw to Mike it won't be the last...
Most of the saws I get in boxes have all the parts, and they run lol.
When you heading this direction again.
Shoot me a text when you get a min, lost your number in one of my 3 phone changes in the last few months :nofunny:.
I have an oh26 here you may want to play with as well.

Hey Brett. @cuinrearview was able to hook me up with a set of cases.

I was super pumped when I found the jred to replace the 359 with rotted cases. But dad never runs it. It doesn't have the grunt he is use to with his 365. So now I'm hoping that the 359 does better. And if not it's going to get sent to @t4driller for a little warming over.

Steven
Seems like a good many people are converting to heated handles. Im converting a 346 over now for a guy. Is your dad needing sonething lighter to run since your going with a 359 /2159. Cant go wrong with either of those saws. Might be a ported 2159 hitting trading post soon. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems like a good many people are converting to heated handles. Im converting a 346 over now for a guy. Is your dad needing sonething lighter to run since your going with a 359 /2159. Cant go wrong with either of those saws. Might be a ported 2159 hitting trading post soon. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He had run my 357xpg and liked it, so I figured he would probably like the 359 too. They are good runners not as many r's as the 357 but more torque. He can be a bit hard on things so figured I would just get him his own. The 359 should be a winner. But hey maybe if I can swing it I'll have to get that 2159 and swap the g parts onto it! Pm incoming.

Steven

Latest posts

Back