Makita/DOLMAR dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUGs-sawshop

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are any Makita / DOLMAR dealers having issues with Makita as a distributor or issues getting set up. Im a small OPE dealer and have sold Dolmar since early nineties in Maine when Faulkner was the distributor then Atlantic Power as a distributor and now its Makita. Ive always pushed Dolmar and have a lot of parts inventory. They have been switched over now for 2yrs? and my parts inventory is slacking and we have no blowers or saws. I had gotten paper work about the distribution switch . I did drop the ball and didnt send in new credit app or call for the first few months thinking some rep would be visiting me soon. Have never seen a rep yet. I have called and left messages, emails etc. off and on over the last few months. Not even a call back. This seems awkward to me for such a large company? Im going to keep trying but is anyone else having a difficult time dealing with them? Thanks, Doug

call makita and ask for your area reps phone number, but it doesn't sound good for approval.

call makita and ask for your area reps phone number, but it doesn't sound good for approval.
Ive called Makita in GA no less then half dozen times and its always put to hold then asks me to leave message. It seems weird they would dump us so easy as we sell as many units as anyone in the state and thats not saying much but it should count. We also have A1 credit. We have a good line with the Jonsereds, im just a Dolmar fan. Ill keep calling probably just a fluke.

Our REP is more into the power tools and we don't see him very often. Not sure if you are contacting the correct place but if you need a number for them let me know.
Your Jonsered line will be gone too, have they changed your distributor on that as well?

Are any Makita / DOLMAR dealers having issues with Makita as a distributor or issues getting set up. Im a small *** dealer and have sold Dolmar since early nineties in Maine when Faulkner was the distributor then Atlantic Power as a distributor and now its Makita. Ive always pushed Dolmar and have a lot of parts inventory. They have been switched over now for 2yrs? and my parts inventory is slacking and we have no blowers or saws. I had gotten paper work about the distribution switch . I did drop the ball and didnt send in new credit app or call for the first few months thinking some rep would be visiting me soon. Have never seen a rep yet. I have called and left messages, emails etc. off and on over the last few months. Not even a call back. This seems awkward to me for such a large company? Im going to keep trying but is anyone else having a difficult time dealing with them? Thanks, Doug
My service from makita was horrible at first. I never ever seen a rep. Then a few months back they hired a new area rep for me and all is better. If I’m having problems. I send him a text. Usually with in 24 hours he has it fixed if not that day.

Our REP is more into the power tools and we don't see him very often. Not sure if you are contacting the correct place but if you need a number for them let me know.
Your Jonsered line will be gone too, have they changed your distributor on that as well?
My distributor for JRed did change a couple years ago from Tilton to Steven Williand in NJ. Are they changing again?

My distributor for JRed did change a couple years ago from Tilton to Steven Williand in NJ. Are they changing again?
Jonsered is going bye bye. Well... Almost, the Jonsered brand is being reduced to Homelite/home Depot quality. I doubt you will want to carry it. The current good Jonsereds will be re-badged as red max

Jonsered is going bye bye. Well... Almost, the Jonsered brand is being reduced to Homelite/home Depot quality. I doubt you will want to carry it. The current good Jonsereds will be re-badged as Red Max

Jonsered is going bye bye. Well... Almost, the Jonsered brand is being reduced to Homelite/home Depot quality. I doubt you will want to carry it. The current good Jonsereds will be re-badged as Red Max
Geez it would be nice if my dist would tell me this stuff haha. I did notice on my last saw order I couldnt get them all , and the guy said we are not carrying that model anymore?? Well my only two brands are JRed and Dolmar so things arent good. Ill have to look for something. Cant get Husky they are all around me. Maybe Ill have to try RedMax and or Shindaiwa? Cant get echo or Stihl as they are to close also. Thanks for the heads up

Factory direct Makita can't touch the service we got thru Magneto Power. Mag had parts, wholegoods inventory, and a rep who would bend over backwards to do whatever needed to be done for us to serve our customers. Alot of dealers had issues with Tilton-yes we're a Jonsered dealer too-But dealing with PACE in our area was nothing short of a disaster. The midwest does have a Makita rep-but he would rather push power tools than Outdoor Power Equipment. Having been a "David dealer" in a David and Goliath world-we are currently rethinking our options as we move forward.

Back