Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. I got a studio to rewire and a load of wood in the truck I cant unload. I might have to wheelbarrow them from the truck to the stack
Is it a total rewire, or more of a reroute.
I had a good friend give me a TV and a blue ray player, need to do some routing of wires an mount it.
Right now it's setting on top of the pellet stove and it's not staying there lol.
I have a 2 wheeled wheelbarrow and it does pretty good for moving wood around even when the ground is a little nasty.
I'd like to build one using some wider and taller tires as this one is kinda falling apart.
When I get a pole barn built I hope to get everything I need to do some fab work, then I'll get to a few mods/builds like that :).

Is it a total rewire, or more of a reroute.
Both. I had two 24ch mixers linked together to make a 48ch board. I have three 24 track hard drive machines, the third being a backup to the 2 that were linked together to make a 48 track studio. My acoustic drumset is so big that it took up 15 tracks by itself, then I dedicated 8 tracks to keyboard, 8 tracks to vocals, 8 tracks to guitar and 3 tracks to bass with tracks to spare. A couple years ago I got into electronic drums and powered the kit with a Roland TD-30 module. Within the module I could subgroup anything I wanted so my tracksheet for the drums went from 15 tracks to 6. And so the transformation started. I must have pulled 60lbs of cables out of the control room. I started Wednesday I think. I had friday off. Family stuff yesterday and wired all day after work today. So 3 days after work and a full day off of rewiring and I'm still not done, but I'm doing every room. Control room, old guitar room, new guitar room and the control room. There's also alot of cleaning involved. I have had the studio installed 10yrs now and the dust is getting mighty thick in places I cant get to....

Both. I had two 24ch mixers linked together to make a 48ch board. I have three 24 track hard drive machines, the third being a backup to the 2 that were linked together to make a 48 track studio. My acoustic drumset is so big that it took up 15 tracks by itself, then I dedicated 8 tracks to keyboard, 8 tracks to vocals, 8 tracks to guitar and 3 tracks to bass with tracks to spare. A couple years ago I got into electronic drums and powered the kit with a Roland TD-30 module. Within the module I could subgroup anything I wanted so my tracksheet for the drums went from 15 tracks to 6. And so the transformation started. I must have pulled 60lbs of cables out of the control room. I started Wednesday I think. I had friday off. Family stuff yesterday and wired all day after work today. So 3 days after work and a full day off of rewiring and I'm still not done, but I'm doing every room. Control room, old guitar room, new guitar room and the control room. There's also alot of cleaning involved. I have had the studio installed 10yrs now and the dust is getting mighty thick in places I cant get to....
That's a lot of work right there, hope you painted too lol.
What sort of music are you making, any samples.

I have a 2 wheeled wheelbarrow and it does pretty good for moving wood around even when the ground is a little nasty.
I'd like to build one using some wider and taller tires as this one is kinda falling apart.
My single-wheeled barrow does fine. It's not muddy in the yard, just too soft to put the truck on it. I have one of those big 4 wheel yard wagons you get at TSC. That thing rocks but I keep dry wood in it in the garage next to the Harley so I got good dry wood. I go get a load before weather gets crappy so I dont have to go out in it. My processes have been much better this year compared to last year. I still have not touched the thermostat. The furnace hasnt fired once. And its supposed to be 73 Murkan on tuesday. I'm going to be opening windows to warm the house up.

My single-wheeled barrow does fine. It's not muddy in the yard, just too soft to put the truck on it. I have one of those big 4 wheel yard wagons you get at TSC. That thing rocks but I keep dry wood in it in the garage next to the Harley so I got good dry wood. I go get a load before weather gets crappy so I dont have to go out in it. My processes have been much better this year compared to last year. I still have not touched the thermostat. The furnace hasnt fired once. And its supposed to be 73 Murkan on tuesday. I'm going to be opening windows to warm the house up.
I see.
Just went and grabbed a couple sticks myself, the yard was pretty solid, I need to restock in the morning.
I used to load my wheelbarrow up and leave it outside until I needed it, but I stopped doing that. One time I had it loads up outside and brought it in, when I was bringing it through the doorway I thought I saw something, but then just got it situated in the house. Got my jacket off and then went to load the stove, grabbed a piece out of the wheelbarrow and something caught my eye again; this time I realized what it was, a mouse. So no big deal I'll just wheel it back out, which I did. Then when I got outside I was going to kill it(it would most likely end up in the house or shed anyway) so I start to move the wood to find it, ends up there built a nest in my wheelbarrow and there was like 9 mice in it :crazy2:. Moral of the story, I don't do that anymore LOL.

I got stuff on CD but its not posted anywhere. Theres no vocals because I cant sing, and its metal. Most of its way too hard for this group. :D
I think you may be surprised what some folks in here are into, and some it might really surprise you if you knew what they were into :eek:.

I think you may be surprised what some folks in here are into, and some it might really surprise you if you knew what they were into :eek:.
I can go from organ music to Gwar in the same playlist. Unclestash has some good videos of his wife on the church organ floating around AS she's very good. I could tell some stories about things I used to be into statute of limitations and all I'd rather not o_O.

I want to hear man. I like metal :rock::rock::rock:
I don't know how to do that. Unless I just post a pic with the music in the video on youtube. Is there a cloud/web based site for music that doesn't require a video? Garageband.com used to be awesome but it went away a couple years ago.

Well, it seems things here are finally back to normal.

IMG_0102-M.jpg

I took this picture while piling up the weekend's haul as I don't think I will be able to split it for a few days. There's some more but it looks all the same: the humble Downy oak. :p
Actually it burns as well as its more famous siblings but as it usually grows in both funny shapes (meaning larger pieces are hard to split and harder to stack) and in impossible places most people don't bother with it.
I have no idea what the few pieces of lighter stuff are: it was in the way and I just cut it down. Whatever it is it made me cough like crazy when bucking it.
And yes, those in the background are bags of pelletized manure. ;)

I worked at a wheel fixit place for a while. They brought some pretty exotic stuff in sometimes. $4,000 for ONE wheel.

https://www.ebay.com/i/122838743868...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1445541402814

Wow...that link was way longer than I thought it was going to be. Anyway. When we would put one on the wheel lathe to refinish it we would sweep the floor first then sweep again after and put the magnesium shavings in a pile and light it. Like something you would see in a movie

Back