What now ? Jonsered dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big logger came buy lare week and talked about switching from Jonsered to Stihl, they mainly use saws on the yard now and a few Big saws for the trees the cutter cant get.

What about Efco? My local Husqvarna dealer carries this brand as well. They might not have the big saws that J'red does, but it may help you fill in some of the gaps.

I see there are quite a few dealers around your general area. I have a weedwhacker that is just excellent from this company. A friend of mine runs a top handle chainsaw that is pretty darned snappy as well.

Efco Dealers.JPG

What are you Jonsered dealers doing now that the brand is going out? Will you be looking for another brand? If so what are you thinking? We are a small Jonsered & DOLMAR dealer. Thanks , Doug
We started selling Redmax before Tilton lost the J-red distributorship. We need to keep Redmax so we can access J-red parts in the future. IMHO Husqvarna will kill off Redmax in 3-5 years.

What are you Jonsered dealers doing now that the brand is going out? Will you be looking for another brand? If so what are you thinking? We are a small Jonsered & DOLMAR dealer. Thanks , Doug

You're already set with two brands you have. Just change the name to RedMax & Makita.

RedMax
Full line of commercial 2-stroke handheld blowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers & more
Line of residential, prosumer, and commercial zero turns mowers
Residential lawn tractors and walk behind mowers
The majority of Jonsered chainsaws with new stickers
Cordless Power Equipment

Makita
Solid line of chainsaws from 32cc to 79cc
Full line of 4-Stroke blowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers & more
Full line of Cordless blowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, push mowers, & more
Plus the Full line of Makita Power Tools

We started selling Redmax before Tilton lost the J-red distributorship. We need to keep Redmax so we can access J-red parts in the future. IMHO Husqvarna will kill off Redmax in 3-5 years.

RedMax outsells Husqvarna in Redmax's targeted market.

RedMax is the 3rd largest selling brand just behind echo in the commercial landscaper market.

RedMax outsells Husqvarna in Redmax's targeted market.

RedMax is the 3rd largest selling brand just behind echo in the commercial landscaper market.

That's what I was told. Rumor is, that's why Husqvarna wanted to buy RedMax, because of their name in the Lawn Care industry.

You're already set with two brands you have. Just change the name to RedMax & Makita.

RedMax
Full line of commercial 2-stroke handheld blowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers & more
Line of residential, prosumer, and commercial zero turns mowers
Residential lawn tractors and walk behind mowers
The majority of Jonsered chainsaws with new stickers
Cordless Power Equipment

Makita
Solid line of chainsaws from 32cc to 79cc
Full line of 4-Stroke blowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers & more
Full line of Cordless blowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, push mowers, & more
Plus the Full line of Makita Power Tools

Yep, Swapping from Jonsered to Redmax would be natural (in North America), provided what I have read turns out to be true.

Only 1 problem-My customers bleed Red-JONSERED!
Redmax is good stuff-but no one knows the name in the Midwest.

There is no doubt that the Jonsered brand will be badly missed in some areas/product categories - but it seems that Husky just ignores that, because of the Redmax brand's merit in other (more profitable) areas/product categories.

The odd thing is that Redmax just is (or has been) a "sales" brand in North America, mainly for Zenoah products - so this change has to be restricted to North America? At least this is how I understand it.

Redmax simply isn't an O P E brand over here, but Zenoah sort of is (most people likely haven't heard of it though).

Back