whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 629852 View attachment 629853
I’m glad these are done. PITA things! No room for a crane so instead I did it the hard way and burnt through almost five gallons of 2-cycle. Been a long time since I had one to tight to even use the mini
You know tree billy, lol I just sneeze thinking about you, hahaha good that it was winter though :p

6dbac51a27b74b1b1c86c64d10333b54.jpg

It was crooked as a screw.

3eb61f527a4e357a195964b4c5b5ed0b.jpg

Dead as a Hammer.

I Had to put a rope in it & gently ease it over b/c of the back lean towards the Power-lines.

Gently Bentley.

@luckydad

I love them. I’ve only broke one in almost two years of service. They don’t get used daily but at times they get the **** beat out of them.
They don’t stack for crap though. I’ve been doing the plunge cut thing for stacking. I’mretiring a cutting board for shims very soon

Anyway, the transition is going smooth, such great weather!, Got a new truck,, 2017 Dodge Ram, gonna be a tough year, I am ready, :confused:
Jeff
Oh so tuff haha, hope they got you the crew cab so you can lean back and kick your feet up! Need an assistant operations manager, California weather sounds nice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just got back from picking up these babies at the saw shop earlier today. Crank seals, a carb, a muffler, clutch springs or something, tune up,, supposedly whatever they needed to run mint. They seem it so far, just from running them in the yard. God what a beautiful thing that would be!!!
69F5BC84-8BAF-4395-A281-054ADDBD0D63.jpeg

I ordered another chipper too. Now I'll have enough equipment to get two crews someday. All I need to do now is clone myself so I can be tard-whipping at two jobs simultaneously and I'll be all set. lol.
At this point you need to find 2 of you so you can just do estimates and sit in the climate controlled office haha.
With two crews you will soon realize you need a third chipper cause one will always break when you really need it...

At this point you need to find 2 of you so you can just do estimates and sit in the climate controlled office haha.
With two crews you will soon realize you need a third chipper cause one will always break when you really need it...

At this point I'm not comfortable enough relying on just the one chipper, true dat.

I went with a 19xpc with JD 173. Seems like it should be just enough without being too overkill (cuz lord knows we'd hate to over-kill the trees, lol).

I ordered another chipper too. Now I'll have enough equipment to get two crews out someday. All I need to do now is clone myself so I can be tard-whipping at two jobs simultaneously and I'll be all set. lol.
That's what I always needed to do is clone myself. The problem with that is my clone is off running his own tree service, not working for someone else.

My old chipper is still all I really need. I just needed another chipper for various reasons, so I figured why not get something that gives me an additional capability (19 - 20” wood), as opposed to just another 250, etc. The cost of dumping wood at the one place I have locally doubled its rates from $10 a yard to $20 at the end of last season too, so that was part of justifying it in my mind.

Latest posts

Back