Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys sorry been out for some time. Just been a lot going on then Sunday our neighborhood and area got hit by tornado and straight force winds. Family is ok but gotta deal with insurance now.
c4b36eb4c8bbbc1aecd89c239273e9a4.jpg
a6a60f96847762d4342ff7bbd4ada349.jpg
d32d904c091d3064fd4f0d42a9d9a0b6.jpg
acfa9c02152d3a721fe49a263f3a1e41.jpg

At least my main work trip wasn’t harmed because I needed them. I think some of my babies got some water and hail hits. My NOS McCulloch bar went flying 5 feet to the concrete floor :(. Glass on all my tools and still uncovering more damage. Haven’t been able to check all my stuff as I’ve been clearing and taking care of kids too. We had golf ball size hail wreck shop too. My truck looks like it got a shotgun blast with giant pellets.

Glad y'all made it ok, sorry to hear what happened. Hope your house is liveable. Tools can be replaced. We had that storm come through here Monday night and it was rough, thought someone was pressure washing the front of the house and the big pecan tree was just getting whipped thats thirty feet from the house.

Steve

So here's one for ya..hope you can see in the pic.. Chain goes toothe, toothe, skip, toothe, toothe, skip, all the way around cept splice.. Now whatever is this called. K

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_153439.jpg
    IMG_20180323_153439.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 25
Semi-skip in pic
You described skip, though

Erik
He actually described a chain that does not exist (to my knowledge).

Full comp chain is "tooth skip tooth skip tooth skip...",

Semi-skip chain is "tooth skip skip tooth skip tooth skip skip tooth..."

Skip chain (sometimes called full skip) is "tooth skip skip tooth skip skip tooth skip skip tooth..."

Edit:
I've seen a special chain that has this pattern; "tooth tooth tooth tooth..." (There are no connecting straps, every drive link has a cutter.)

Back