Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many cords you figure you have there?
I really have no idea. It's hard to figure out the volume when it's just dumped off of the conveyor and finding an average height isn't easy either. Hopefully around 50 cords. The market by me is face cords I usually try and get around 150 or so for the year

I couldn't pull the trigger on one. I found nobody willing to vouch for the product when I was researching them. I opted to go the super split hd route. Only have about 5-6 hours on it but the speed is impressive. Wore myself out when my buddy was helping. I also have a DHT with a 4 way and when it came down to it for me the biggest issue was time. How fast could I split my pile so I could go fishing when the work was done.

Okay the video of the super split is impressive. If it had the large log lifter I would be thinking that way. The bearing wear warning makes me wonder how it holds up year over year.

I don't see specs anywhere. How long of a log can the HD split?

Okay the video of the super split is impressive. If it had the large log lifter I would be thinking that way. The bearing wear warning makes me wonder how it holds up year over year.

I don't see specs anywhere. How long of a log can the HD split?

I've had my SS several years and put hundreds of cord thru it. Ran it both electric and gas. After every session I give all the rollers a shot of spray lube and put it away. Never had an issue. Never replaced anything other than a bumpstop.....change that, replaced one roller cause I failed to lube it after splitting a bunch of snow covered wood. Soaked it in tranny fluid over night to free it and put it back in service.

I've had my SS several years and put hundreds of cord thru it. Ran it both electric and gas. After every session I give all the rollers a shot of spray lube and put it away. Never had an issue. Never replaced anything other than a bumpstop.....change that, replaced one roller cause I failed to lube it after splitting a bunch of snow covered wood. Soaked it in tranny fluid over night to free it and put it back in service.
Good to know, i am always splitting in snow, maybe 30 to 40 percent of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Assembly begins!
5bb64fcd45d2d26fbf24edcd7f202510.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Been busy since November, roughly six cords of red oak, white ash, black cherry, and hickory...

84xVjpD.jpg

5ppb6qh.jpg

m1O2B8N.jpg

Still a dozen or so 28-34" logs to split up from the monster cherry that fell a month ago, but it was rotted and hollow in the center, so probably won't salvage much from them. Also more dead ash and oak to fell, but now that I'm ahead a year and not really feeling that monkey on my back.

Hi folks,

I just got around to processing the trees I fell last fall. Rounds sat for the winter in the yard. Split by hand. Noodled the twisted ones. Wood won't see the inside of the stove until 2020. I am fully stocked ATM and need to get to the 4-5 year old stacks. Could be worse - lol.

Sept 23 2017 (9) 9.jpg Wood Piles 2018 Spring (3).JPG Wood Piles 2018 Spring (4).JPG

Back