I found an Echo that peaked my interest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What bar and chain are you running ? The one saw at the local dealer came with 325 chain and they said 18" was the shortest bar available. I really want a 501 but not thrilled with the .325 set up.
I really like the .325 on my 520. Not as grabby for limbing and such. Seems to run smoother on smaller saws but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

From what I've read parts aren't available ie.. drive sprocket to change it . If anyone can school me on how to change it over to 3/8 it would be greatly appreciated. I assume 727sunset is referring to 3/8 lo pro .

No Sir.
Post #14 mentions 3/8" LGX...that is Oregon chain but not low profile.

501P comes with a 325 rim sprocket.
All I did was swap this to a 3/8" X 7 tooth rim sprocket and match up with a 3/8" bar.

No Sir.
Post #14 mentions 3/8" LGX...that is Oregon chain but not low profile

501P comes with a 325 rim sprocket.
All I did was swap this to a 3/8" X 7 tooth rim sprocket and match up with a 3/8" bar.
I just bought a 501p today ! Found a dealer running a 20℅ off deal $368. If you could get me a part number for the 3/8 rim sprocket I would appreciate it!

I had the dealer swap the 18" bar for a 16" all he had was the factory safety chain. If I can change it over to 3/8 I won't buy any .325 chain for it, otherwise some lpx chain is in the very near future. I really would rather run 3/8!

Anyone know where or if I can find the service data specs for the 501p. I have it for the 501 sx but Im not sure if it's the same. The sx doesn't have the epa garbage ! Id like to know the tach specs for tuning.

What failed on the 421 Dolmar?
Theres a different post that covers the failure ,in depth (421 problem) Long story ,short it developed a high idle after 15 months of use.Crank seals/ bearings were replaced , carb replaced, fuel line replaced still wouldn't idle properly.I never heard what the problem was.

Back