Upgrades to Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its just a cheap chinese bar, actually same as the old total 2 bars. bars werent bad overall but the tips were crappy.

I think i have one of those left on the shelf that could be sold for a decent deal.

its just a cheap chinese bar, actually same as the old total 2 bars. bars werent bad overall but the tips were crappy.

I think i have one of those left on the shelf that could be sold for a decent deal.

define decent deal....

My Echo 590 has been used HARD, in very long cuts, on big Oak stumps too... hasn't Burned out yet, 2 years. Dealer had adjusted it and I dremeled out the muffler deflector considerably (screen removed too), which seemed to give it more power, sounds meaner anyhow! Lol!. And, I use a 40/1 mix. For appx. $400, hard to find a better 60cc saw in my opinion. Of Course, Jonsereds / Red Husky's are far sexier and quite an upgrade, and more pricy.

How hard is it to change tips? Do you have to have a special tool for the rivet on the new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How hard is it to change tips? Do you have to have a special tool for the rivet on the new one?

oregon tips or really any tip is easy to replace, just a matter of drilling the head off the rivet or drilling the rivet completely out and install new the tip.....hammer the new rivet flat. no special tools needed.

oregon tips or really any tip is easy to replace, just a matter of drilling the head off the rivet or drilling the rivet completely out and install new the tip.....hammer the new rivet flat. no special tools needed.

Thanks I’m looking at the 20” 72dl archer pro bar and chain when my echo bar wears out. It’s much easier to get 72dl chains around here because no one spins chains anymore. Talked my stihl dealer into it once and they said they can’t do it anymore. If I have to replace the tip after a while I’m still cheaper than an adapter and a stihl bar. It’s $39 with a chain on eBay.

define decent deal....
I have 1 D009 24" Total 2 bar left on the shelf.
$32 for the bar, $16.49 for oregon lgx or jgx chain. $10 shipping. I guess it comes up to be almost the same price but with oregon chain instead of chinese.....does that qualify as decent deal? In my head it seemed like it would be a better deal than that

It was right after a big tornado came through like 2 weeks ago so not sure if that is three regular price or their storm price

It was right after a big tornado came through like 2 weeks ago so not sure if that is three regular price or their storm price

storm price should be the same as regular IMHO

storm price should be the same as regular IMHO

Agreed Lowe’s was $32 plus tax for the same chain my local shop was $35 total so I figure that’s their regular price and just supported them instead of Lowe’s. Can’t hand file worth a dang and barely got what I wanted to get some storm trees down to for who I was helping so I went ahead and got a third chain so I can help longer next time.
I grind them at home and can hand file enough to get by but mine always gets sharper on one side than the other hand filing so I got by without full chains they just weren’t cutting straight lol.

Tpence
If you ever make it up near Cookeville I’ll show you how well my $33 chain grinder from Amazon works. Just bring your chains.

I have 1 D009 24" Total 2 bar left on the shelf.
$32 for the bar, $16.49 for oregon lgx or jgx chain. $10 shipping. I guess it comes up to be almost the same price but with oregon chain instead of chinese.....does that qualify as decent deal? In my head it seemed like it would be a better deal than that
I pmed you

Tpence
If you ever make it up near Cookeville I’ll show you how well my $33 chain grinder from Amazon works. Just bring your chains.

Thanks! I have a harbor freight that has been working great but can definitely use some more pointers for sure!

At this point my 590 is in its second season of use and i'm pretty happy with it. Upgraded to a 24" Oregon power match bar and chain combo, added double dogs and removed the 90* from the muffler port (still have screen and internals intact) Ran great after some post-break-in carb tuning. IMO the limiting caps don't give you enough to properly tune to high elevation. Where I cut is close to 10,000'. The upgrades I'm doing make me think I should have got the 620PW from the get go but whatever, thats part of the fun right?

Questions for you all:

Are any of the Husq or Jonse or Shin oversized double dogs compatible with these saws? The standard double dogs work good but don't hold too good compared to the over sized ones.
Anyone find a 620PW wrap handle for less than $100?
Are there any metal clutch covers available for these saws?
Longer bar studs?
Mine are a little short with the added outside dog.

Someone on here got a 372 full wrap to fit the 590. I dont think it was to difficult and there pretty cheap. How's it pull the 24 with just the muffler mod and what are you cutting.

Actually haven't cut since the muffler mod. But it seemed to run a little better when I ran it after. Will be cutting again in a few weeks. Pulls ok, but a little slower with the 24" in dead spruce. Hoping the MM wakes it up a little.

Was experiencing some mild surging when making long cuts. Messed with high speed a little but I think its maybe the rev limiter... Not sure how to adjust those.

For the 372 wrap : That's what I hear, I need to see some photos. My saw at work is a Husq 365 that I set up with a wrap and oversized double dogs and a 24" bar. I just cant see how that bar would transfer over to the 590. Basically I want to make my personal saw as close to my work saw as possible.

The rev limiter is set at 13,500 on the 590. The only way to get rid of it is to swap to the unlimited 620 coil. There expensive

Back