Looking for information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brenden

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First off Im a new member. Thanks for add. Hey everyone! Today I purchased a "mini chief" stump grinder. 2 cyl duetz diesel. Everything seems to work, no leaks. Im looking for any feedback for anyones experience with one of these machines. Previous owner said these are not made anymore but some parts of still available. One of the first things is to replace the teeth, hydraulic fluid looks quite milky in the site glass so that will have to be changed. Thank you in advance for any info and tips.

First off Im a new member. Thanks for add. Hey everyone! Today I purchased a "mini chief" stump grinder. 2 cyl duetz diesel. Everything seems to work, no leaks. Im looking for any feedback for anyones experience with one of these machines. Previous owner said these are not made anymore but some parts of still available. One of the first things is to replace the teeth, hydraulic fluid looks quite milky in the site glass so that will have to be changed. Thank you in advance for any info and tips.

I have had two mini-chiefs, real nice machine for backyard work or smaller stumps. I only promblenI has was it tips over easy . Only go up and down hills not crosswise. I was always going to put dual wheels on rear but then you couldn't go through a 36" gate. I think the mini-chief company still makes teeth, if not I'll see where I got mine.
Good Luck.

I have had two mini-chiefs, real nice machine for backyard work or smaller stumps. I only promblenI has was it tips over easy . Only go up and down hills not crosswise. I was always going to put dual wheels on rear but then you couldn't go through a 36" gate. I think the mini-chief company still makes teeth, if not I'll see where I got mine.
Good Luck.

Good Luck.

Might have been CEI industries who I think made the minichief.

Back