Homelite ez automatic...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding the right bar can be a problem with these saws if you don't want to modify them. I think the only saws that use that bar are the EZ series and the 150, at least that's what I'm thinking..
that's what imma thinking also.. I have 4 150's.. Hense, this is my problem.

It definitely needs the right chain, I'm going to stay with 3/8ths. I think I have a semi chisel lp chain that will work. I like the little saw, its loud and fun it use. I love antique stuff. The saw does need some work though, the decompression valve on the cylinder is all worn out so when you push the button on the ha dlebar it barely opens the decompresser.

Contact Chainsawlady for bars and parts. She's a real sweet lady.

On the decomp valve, carefully check the linkage from the button to the valve. The rod's guide bracket can get sloppy reducing the lift. Soft aluminum, a little reshaping will cure the problem.

Yes its definitely the rod that is worn out. I bet I can make that same rod out of a piece of 308 stainless tig wire

You can normally buy all the linkage with brackets for the decomp on ebay for $12 in excellent shape.
I had to buy set for mine.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Is there any performance gains to be had with these saws or are they are what they are? The muffler seems pretty unrestricted so I dont see a need for a muffler model. I was more or less thinking about raising the compression but I dont think a base gasket delete is do able

Back