Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone I am looking for a cylinder for a 625. There I said it, I know that was blunt but I had to do it ! I think this is the place to ask so here I am.
I had a fella give me a 625 that I thought a piston kit and a few other things would cure. Well turns out the cylinder is loosing some plating just below the intake so she is junk. I really like the 625 it seems easy to work on and I would like to see it run again.

I have a new Meteor piston kit , carb kit, seals, "O" rings and fuel line but no usable cylinder. I was wondering if any one here might have one? I have looked at a couple even had one on order from Saw Again but evidently they had the box mislabeled. It was not a 625 cylinder after all so that deal fell through. Jerry -(Pioneerguy600) and Robin- (Cantdog) have been a very big help to me and both are keeping a look out for the part. I just felt like I need to ask around as well. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing ....Thanks Jeff
Will a 670 or 70E jug bolt up? Would be a nice upgrade if you could find one. 70E jug, if'n it even bolted up, would need base cut for squish.....

Will a 670 or 70E jug bolt up? Would be a nice upgrade if you could find one. 70E jug, if'n it even bolted up, would need base cut for squish.....
Yes a 670 would bolt right up.....the 70E has a totally different footprint...70E will bolt to the 66E but that's the only other saw of that family.

Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer here.....but there are not significant gains on Swedish saws with velocity stack AF's. There's plenty of people that have tried to prove gains, but I've yet to see any reliable/consistent data to prove anything better than factory. The Swedes did a good job of getting airflow to the carb boxes.

I first saw them after Mt. Saint Helens blew and the loggers were bucking up all that blown-down in waist high ash. And they were foam oiled filter stacks for the convience of the loggers maintaining them....that was their purpose; to keep the ash out of the cylinders.

Kevin

I've had 2100's, and while cool, and more my era, the 395 has them beat in every way. Port the 395 and it will pull a long 50+ inches of bar buried as well, or better, than most larger saws ported or no. If it would oil it, I'm confident my MMWS 395 would pull a 72" bar respectfully. I got rid of my heavier ported 088 and 880 because the 395 would do all they could do, and at 5 lbs. less weight.

Respectfully, I'd have to experince that to believe it. We ran 6ft Cannon bars on 2100's with nothing more than a plugged governor and muffler mods in PNW timber, late 70's early 80's......

I can't see where the design of the 395 trumps the 2100 and if it takes porting to run long bars on the 395, then it's only fair you port the 2100 as well to compare.

Kevin

I'm looking for some information on the Proline 670 West Coast models. Did they ever sell the West Coast versions after the case change and appearance of the 670 Super II and later Champ? I was looking at a 670 Super IPL from May 1988 the other day and something caught my eye that I hadn't noticed before.....the top cover was cut out to access the on carb idle adjustment screw like the later saws and there was also a plug for that cut out that said it was for when the cover was used on the 630. The case had no in case idle adjustment screw or place for one but had the two piece ign. and it had the later tapered on carb adjuster. They must have been getting ready for the case change, I guess. All the Proline West Coast 630 and 670 saws that I've seen were built on the early style cases. This IPL also had separate a box that showed all the special West Coast parts and numbers. I had assumed the carb change had occurred at the time of the case/top cover change but this proves different....

The IPL I have for 625/670 from 1991 shows the west coast options. The next one from1993 does not.

View attachment 644880

View attachment 644881

Am I correct in assuming that the IPL from 91 shows the two piece ign and the 93 the one piece?....I am not entirely sure when the case change took place in the Jonsered line.....it was 87 or 88 for 268XP husky....as far as I know that was the very first one piece ign saw of the family.

Ah-Ha!! Found an IPL I didn't know I had.....625 and 670 Super II from 1992....it has the one piece ign and no mention of the West Coast parts options, like your 93 IPL. So.....that would suggest that there were no West Coast versions produced after 1991.....I'd still like to know if the 91 IPL shows a two piece ign or one piece.....my gut says two piece, as like I said, I have never seen the Proline West Coast saws built on the later cases......but just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean much....especially my living just as far from the west coast as I can be and still in country...LOL!!

Here's something for you guys to ponder.
saw it for sale but didnt want it bad enuf.

c8n6hux.jpg

jSlbvcr.jpg

XDh7gVQ.jpg

Back