Amazing deal on a 372 xp brand new in the box!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbyBobby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking around for a saw yesterday and I came upon an ad for a "372 XP brand new in the box with carrying case" for 700 bucks Canadian. Pretty damn good deal for up here and I assumed he won it in a draw or something. I send the guy a message and ask for pics and this is what he sends me. Hmmmm....

IMG_0279_zpsppigmwq7.jpg

IMG_0278_zpsgl4v7kzy.jpg

If it sounds too good to be true . . .

A real 372xp is my favorite sweet saw. But I wouldn't give anything for that "chain saw 372xp."

My "real" 372xp is gonna have some of those exterior parts, sorry to say. Previous owner wasn't too easy on the plastic...

On the Chi saw-body parts you can save some $. I bought a 371 that had the chain tension adjustment behind the bar in the old hard-to-deal-with location. I bought a Chinese clutch cover for a 372, and now adjust the chain from the outside. Haven't had any problem with it.

But when it comes to piston/cyl and more critical parts, I go OEM. You might have luck in those areas, but when it comes to good tools who wants to trust in luck.

On the Chi saw-body parts you can save some $. I bought a 371 that had the chain tension adjustment behind the bar in the old hard-to-deal-with location. I bought a Chinese clutch cover for a 372, and now adjust the chain from the outside. Haven't had any problem with it.

But when it comes to piston/cyl and more critical parts, I go OEM. You might have luck in those areas, but when it comes to good tools who wants to trust in luck.
I went half OEM on my piston/cylinder. The cylinder is OEM, the rings are Caber but the piston is aftermarket because the OEM piston had a crack in it. Doubt this saw will get used a whole lot but I will try to have a little fun with it for awhile. I also have a 362XP that's all OEM and it's a fine runner in my opinion..

I bought a similar saw just to see what they were like and it's running fine but hasn't seen a lot of heavy cutting. Worth $100 but quality control could be a issue so its luck of the draw how any one saw turns out. Chain will be junk and the bar not much better.

Back