Pioneer P41 carb rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Selwyn

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm bringing back to life another P41 that I've got. I did a full carb rebuild including Welch plugs. I can get it to run under choke but after removing the choke, it runs for 5 seconds then seems to starve for gas. I moved the rebuilt carb to a known good P41 and the problem followed so the problem is definitely with the carb. Any suggestions on why the result carb can't suck gas?
Thanks,
Peter

Does it respond to changes in H & L adjustments?
Did you do a vac & pressure test on crankcase?
Maybe rig up an elevated fuel supply that feeds carb via gravity and then update us on findings.

I’ve had/have the same issue with one of my pioneers. With the low side out 2 turns it idles and is very responsive. Not sure what’s going on with it. Maybe a worn throttle valve, or not 100% clean?

Okay so it turns out I had two problems. I put the rebuilt carb on a known good p41 and and the problem was still there. I opened the low speed jet 1/2 turn and it started to work much better. The second problem was that the gasket beteeen the carb and the reed valve was leaking.
On a side note, my wife thinks I'm crazy as I now have 4 P41's and a P50. Oh well... I'm having fun.
Thanks for the suggestions...
Peter

Back