Best pricing on a husqvarna 555 or 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sent fordf150 a message. We will see what happens. I was hoping my decision would be obvious based on price and features but that is not the case. I am not ruling out a 555 for my uses either.
I am getting OCD about stupid small things. I should just buy one or the other and be done with it. Then buy another one next year:D

I have sent fordf150 a message. We will see what happens. I was hoping my decision would be obvious based on price and features but that is not the case. I am not ruling out a 555 for my uses either.
I am getting OCD about stupid small things. I should just buy one or the other and be done with it. Then buy another one next year:D
Just go with your gut, either way it's a husqvarna ;)

For me, the straight handle bar wraps up the deal. When I was buying one, the difference between the 555 and 2258 was $130. That was a no brainier, plus I got the straight handle bar. A win win for me.

Speaking about the 2258, the differences between it and the 555 are the plastics. They won't interchange between the two saws. The Jonsered starter housing and clutch cover say Jonsered on the outside, but say Husqvarna on the inside. :yes:

Nate is a good dude. I've spent a quite a bit of money with him.

Ok school me on bar mounts.

555 = small mount
2260 = small mount
562 = large mount.

I assume there are more available bars in 20in with a small mount? Is this correct? Like I said earlier, this saw will never wear anything less than a 20 inch bar. Given that, any advantages going large vs. Small or vice versa?

Omg, I neglected to mention the handlebar angle!

That is the biggest difference, imo. And besides the red, it is the reason I prefer the Jonny’s, and the same reason many prefer the Husky’s.

You may even get persuaded to the Dolmar side...another good saw. And not a bad choice either. It won’t handle like a Husky tho..,

Ok school me on bar mounts.

555 = small mount
2260 = small mount
562 = large mount.

I assume there are more available bars in 20in with a small mount? Is this correct? Like I said earlier, this saw will never wear anything less than a 20 inch bar. Given that, any advantages going large vs. Small or vice versa?

The advantage is if you plan on getting a bigger Husky/JRed In the future or using a bigger bar than 20" then there are more available in large mount. If you're gonna stay at 20" then the advantage is the small mount will be slightly lighter.

If you go with the small mount you already have the 455 bar for a spare

I am trying to find out why Jonsered is not going to be available for much longer? Are they stopping production?

Problem with jonsered....I can't hardly find any dealers.
I was told they did it because Redmax is such a big name in the trimmer/blower industry and have deep roots in a lot of area's and Jonsered isn't really that big of a name or in as many area's. They want to put the popular Redmax name on a quality chainsaw to see if they can improve sales. The saw line has been cut back a bit with only a few pro saws.

NYH1.

Buy what you what, but for $50, buy the 562 and enjoy. You want large mount bars so you can run them on your 572,395 or 3120 purchase. :yes: It's really not that hard of a decision 562:happybanana:. And we want pictures. You are giving some of us heart problems. :crazy2:

I have both, a 562XP,

standard.jpg

and a Jonsered 2260,

standard.jpg

All I can tell you is, "IF" I put both saws out and tell my helper (two different ones) grab a saw, let's go, they go for the 2260 EVERY time...me included...

Both have the same Oregon 20" bars and chains and I don't know why they do that, except we all like "Jonny" better than the 562... For "me", the 2260 "feels" better in my hands, it feels lighter and just plain is the one saw here that EVERYONE loves to use.

I've had the 2260 longer so maybe when the 562xp get's more time on it, things will change, but I doubt it...

SR

Not a good plan, buy a 562, then 572 and post a review of each. Compare side by side. He is not going to buy a 550, when he can get a 562.:buttkick::yes:
I use the smallest saw I can that will get it done. If his 455 has been doing fine he may just find he has no need for a bigger saw after getting a 550, bigger ain't always better ;).
Unless you are cutting wood over 12-14 on a normal basis the 550 will do great, and it doesn't take but a few more seconds to cut in 20' wood for a few bucking cuts. Many guys run way bigger saws than needed, I prefer to run the proper size saw for the job, according to what works well for me. Obviously that different for each individual, I sold a buddy a 2172, in his hands it's like me with a 550 as he's 6'3 :laugh:.
The 572 is a great runner, and handles like a dream, but it feels heavier than a 372 as in more like a 576.
There's your review buddy:buttkick::lol:.
This wood was very chain specific, didn't like a lot of chains, 26" cannon bar(the saw is not mine BTW).

I have both, a 562XP,

standard.jpg

and a Jonsered 2260,

standard.jpg

All I can tell you is, "IF" I put both saws out and tell my helper (two different ones) grab a saw, let's go, they go for the 2260 EVERY time...me included...

Both have the same Oregon 20" bars and chains and I don't know why they do that, except we all like "Jonny" better than the 562... For "me", the 2260 "feels" better in my hands, it feels lighter and just plain is the one saw here that EVERYONE loves to use.

I've had the 2260 longer so maybe when the 562xp get's more time on it, things will change, but I doubt it...

SR
That's some nice looking oak Rob.
Thanks for adding to the thread.
I prefer the angled bar on the husky when limbing, don't care which when bucking.
Who needs a wrap on a 60cc saw anyways?
It's very nice when doing a lot clearing not to have to backbar. I like the options it gives me especially on multi spar trees.
I usually grab a 70cc saw for slush cuts so I'm sure I have one with a standard handle if thats what I'm working with.
For someone who's only cutting firewood, it's probably not going to be a selling point unless they are a lefty.

I use the smallest saw I can that will get it done. If his 455 has been doing fine he may just find he has no need for a bigger saw after getting a 550, bigger ain't always better ;).
Unless you are cutting wood over 12-14 on a normal basis the 550 will do great, and it doesn't take but a few more seconds to cut in 20' wood for a few bucking cuts. Many guys run way bigger saws than needed, I prefer to run the proper size saw for the job, according to what works well for me. Obviously that different for each individual, I sold a buddy a 2172, in his hands it's like me with a 550 as he's 6'3 :laugh:.
The 572 is a great runner, and handles like a dream, but it feels heavier than a 372 as in more like a 576.
There's your review buddy:buttkick::lol:.
This wood was very chain specific, didn't like a lot of chains, 26" cannon bar(the saw is not mine BTW).

Thanks Brett. You changed my mind after seeing that 572 in action. Will save my money and keep running my 372's. :yes:

Thanks Brett. You changed my mind after seeing that 572 in action. Will save my money and keep running my 372's. :yes:
We'll it was on it's first tank and as I said that wood did not like that chain. I'd own one, and probably will.
I think of it as more like a good handling 576 autotune(the autotune on it is supposed to be upgraded and much faster per husky).
What I didn't like was that to me is it feels as heavy as a 576, but even with the added bulk it handled as good as a 372, and maybe better.
I didn't get to run it a lot, but the first thing I noticed was the weight, then right after that the handling. I'm guessing for guys who want a little bit more than the 372 in a package that handles nice, they will like it a lot.
If you have a 372, no reason to jump on the boat during the second phase of testing in my opinion, but I still want one.
This is much like going from a 357 to a 562 to stay on topic :D.

Latest posts

Back