I found my dad's old Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Crawford

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran across my dad's old Micro 25. I remember this thing from when I was a young 'un. I thought it was long gone, long ago. I was excited to find it! My mom won it in a drawing and my dad used it for years. After I get done with my other projects, I'm gonna see if I can't get this little booger running! IMG_20180417_185324.jpg

Thank you. I hope to hear it going sometime in the near future. I was surprised at the condition as well. That's the way it came off the shelf. No dust removed. Lol
Fresh rubber parts, vac n pressure check, compression check, fresh gas, cut wood.:cool:

When I was a kid, neighbor helped us buck a few trees with one like that.
Solid saw. Cut all day long without issues. Buried your feet in chips.

I’d enjoy a video once you get it going again. Good luck with it!

I ran across my dad's old Micro 25. I remember this thing from when I was a young 'un. I thought it was long gone, long ago. I was excited to find it! My mom won it in a drawing and my dad used it for years. After I get done with my other projects, I'm gonna see if I can't get this little booger running! View attachment 647148
Possibly one of the most rebadged saws out there, sold by Sears, Wright, and Poulan.

Good find man for sure.

I've had my dad's old Homelite for years. It's been out in the trailer. My boy pulled it out not long ago and took it apart. The recoil spring was broke. He told my dad about it, my dad said throw it then....my son said are you crazy, keeping this forever.

He put it back together. Runs pretty good actually. Got his own little "Homelite 32:1" mix gas can for it an all.

NYH1.

When you go to get some fuel line for it, get enough. If I recall correctly, the line connects to the tank a the rear of the saw and is run through the handle to the carb at the front of the saw.
Yeah, I pulled one half off and looked inside. That was the first thing I noticed. It's a long fuel line for sure.

Back in the 70's we started switching over from Homelite Super EZ's for climbing saws to Poulan XXV's, the 14" version. Never had a Mini. They were one of the first high revving saws we used. When you cranked one up it sounded like turning loose a can of Hornets.

I also have several got a pair of poulan green newer plastic body one. And a pair of the craftsman gray. One chraftsman red 2.0. They all seem the same to me all run dang good for the size. They run circles around my stihl 011AVT big time. If i had a clean poulan/craftsman like new everything new for 100 and a beat to death trade in i havnt even checked yet but runs. And someone asked me to sell the stihl id say 250 to discurage them and sway towards a way better saw they will buy the stihl everytime. Sad as they were a awesome saw for price and size that ran way above the class they were in and took tons of abuse without complaint.

Poulan micro 25's. Sold them by the 100s. Dolmar dealer down the road would tell everyone they were only built to last 25 hours. They went for years with customers who used them all the time.100s of 25 hours.
Problems:- Oiler hole often needed opening out, but remove check valve first. Use a grease gun to push it out. Use only engine oil in oiler, they do not like sticky bar and chain lube.
Oil foam filter after cleaning. Electronic ignitions can quit. Tends to vibrate screws out of side covers.
Noisy, vibratery, but could they ever cut wood. Lasterbility with reasonable maintenance- out of this world. Alloy cylinder bores if filter kept clean and oiled, good oil in fuel never gave problems.
Hope you get it running okay.

Back