Maruyama MCV51 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcjones

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a Maruyama MCV51 in pawn shop, brand new, never had fluids in it. What's the value. They are asking 300.

It's the same as a Dolmar 5105. Not sure what MSRP on those is, but probably $400-450. I've never run one, but I hear great things and my 421 Dolmar has been really great.

Seems to be a good price. Just a quick glance, it seems they're in the $390 - $400 range.

I bought one of Amazon for 329 shipped and tried to buy more but was too late. Run great,a little heavier than 550xp or 346xp but run well.

It's a cadillac, not a sports car. Very nice to operate. Very smooth and strong, but only Ok in the handling department. And a steal at 300.00.

I'd say it's more than just "OK" in the handling department. Handling is subjective anyway, everyone's different and for me it handles as well as most other saws I've used. For the price these Dolmars are a great value.

It doesn’t throw around as nicely as a 550xp or an MS261. And doesn’t cost like one either. And doesn’t have the undesirable (IMO) electronics.

I agree, I think the 5105 is the best value in the 50cc class. That’s why I bought mine.

I compare it’s handling to my old Jonny 590’s. In that it falls short, and I think most would agree somewhere through the first tank.

Latest posts

Back