whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last couple days high air pressure (I think it's called) and wow it's been a killer on my back and hands. Even with as much painkillers as I dare take it's not feeling good right now. Pain shooting down my butt into the backs of my legs even which usually only happens if I go a good part of the day without meds.
Back feels like I'm being bent in half till my head touches my heals while red hot pokers are being jabbed in.
Bad enough I tried to stay away from anything or anyone, doesn't take much as all to get me barking, my patient mostly used up dealing with the pain.

47A9E3D2-6E4B-450C-ADC0-F598D4C20343.jpeg 90EB702A-FE89-40D3-B479-33E1C277F3C3.jpeg Omg, this equipment makes life sweet!! About a 100’ locust here. Child’s play. I coulda come in closer and got more height, but why bother. Besides, wouldn’t wanna scratch the truck. Lol.

We were using the grcs to rope, then winch in sections of two Norway’s next to the locust too. That chipper is unstoppable. An unrelenting brute.:surprised3:

Just saying.:dancing:

View attachment 648226 View attachment 648227 Omg, this equipment makes life sweet!! About a 100’ locust here. Child’s play. I coulda come in closer and got more height, but why bother. Besides, wouldn’t wanna scratch the truck. Lol.

We were using the grcs to rope, then winch in sections of two Norway’s next to the locust too. That chipper is unstoppable. An unrelenting brute.:surprised3:

That is a sweet setup you have now!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Soooo, I’m going on week three without my bucket. I took it in for a hydraulic work on the upper boom cylinder and a bunch of chassis work. Needed a new seal and ram. Waited for a week for the ram and it didn’t pan out so they ordered a new cylinder. Finally came in and it’s the wrong ****ing one. The serial numbers on my leaky one were the wrong. The diesel shop said they’ve never heard of this happening. Had to swap pics with altec because altec didn’t believe them.

Been push all my bucket work and handle stuff I can climb. So I’m in the tree and I see one of my ground guys wandering around the yard. He yells out and I come down and find out he’s searching for Pokémon on the jobsite. No more cell phones on the job anymore.

Had a similar issue with our bucket in January. Took it in for ansi inspection and dielectric testing. Needed new weldment between upper and lower boom. Altec had the serial number and somehow sent the wrong one. Shop had to send them pictures, and wait for altec to fabricate a new one.... And then ship it to PA. I feel your frustration waiting to get the truck back.

View attachment 648226 View attachment 648227 Omg, this equipment makes life sweet!! About a 100’ locust here. Child’s play. I coulda come in closer and got more height, but why bother. Besides, wouldn’t wanna scratch the truck. Lol.

you are finally catching with the rest of the world.

You brought “stubby” out of retirement I see.

100% chance of rain today and the boss sends me a quarter mile through a horse pasture with a 29,000#elevator and a chip truck plus chipper. Any guesses to how that worked out?

Pictures? Sounds like a fun time. I got lucky and did stumps all day in the rain.

The bucket truck broke down twenty minutes into the job and spent three hours getting it restarted so we could get the boom out of the way. It died agiain before the road and had to be towed out. I ended up climbing in pissing rain. Then of course the chip truck and chipper needed pulled out. All of this because the estimator thought it would be easier than just climb and use a mini skid from the driveway 30’ away. There will be beer consumed tonight. I don’t know how much longer I can take this circus
Sorry no pics. Phone was safe in my lunch box. Far away from my throwing arm

Latest posts

Back