Ms193 chain break

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcurbanloggers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a new ms193 that I’ve only used for a few hours. I just stoped to put a new chain on, and when I put it all back together the chain break wouldn’t let off. The chain break handle still moves, though it does resist some. But even when I pull the handle back, the chain will not budge. I’m sure there is an obvious explanation for this but I’m not sure what’s wrong. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not following. Did the chain break or you are asking about the chain brake?

Try this. Remove the cover, which also contains the brake, and then unlock the chain brake using the brake handle. Then install it all again while unlocked. That should solve the problem.

If the chain still does not budge, then the chain brake is not what is locking up the chain sprocket.

Try this. Remove the cover, which also contains the brake, and then unlock the chain brake using the brake handle. Then install it all again while unlocked. That should solve the problem.

If the chain still does not budge, then the chain brake is not what is locking up the chain sprocket.

^ Yes. That. That's where I was going too, haha.

Thank you for coming back and good luck. It's a good little top handle saw and should serve you well.

Now I'm confused! Not hard, true, but still... Hopefully the OP will come back, though... I'm curious, never had a problem with the brake on any of my 193's... They don't last long enough. Just end up with smashed covers from people taking them and using them for stupid stuff... And that's why nobody is allowed to even warm up my 200t!

Now I'm confused! Not hard, true, but still... Hopefully the OP will come back, though... I'm curious, never had a problem with the brake on any of my 193's... They don't last long enough. Just end up with smashed covers from people taking them and using them for stupid stuff... And that's why nobody is allowed to even warm up my 200t!
Sorry for the confusion. My error. Let's see what OP says. Most top handles that cannot be fixed are beat to death when dropped from a tree or run over by trucks.

Sorry for the confusion. My error. Let's see what OP says. Most top handles that cannot be fixed are beat to death when dropped from a tree or run over by trucks.

Don't worry about it, just kidding with you.

Yup. I sent one down for gas once, watched the ground guy flush cut a small tree, which then fell over on the darned thing. Took out the starter and the handle. Missed him, though. Had to use the 440 for the rest of the day. I was not happy.

Back