Stihl 026 problems.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brock1994

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is a non pro 026.

Just purchased another 026 but I'm having problems with the contact spring. It appears the previous owner tried to fix it by bending it and I tried the same thing just to make it worse. Also the tank vent seems to leak it has a crack on the plastic flanges not sure if that's the problem or not. It doesn't leak from the cracked area it leaks from the vent itself. The carb on this saw is the compensating carb and it runs to rich. I have all ready ordered a new genuine wt-194 carb and that should solve the rich problem.

If anyone has any part numbers for these parts I am talking about I would appreciate it. I know the 026 has multiple of the same part for a lot of different parts but are not all interchangeable. Just trying to get the correct parts. Hopefully the pictures will help you guys help me figure out the parts.

Thanks
Brock
25569b508871dd3e887e262b569f1fab.jpg
8bef4179ee9abe0fac4374ce2562bd1a.jpg

There is another top piece for the vent.
Thanks my other 026 has a complete different vent style so I was pretty confused. Then I checked the IPL and there is 3 different vent types but I'm pretty sure I know which one fits this model. Thanks for the help I had never known of the thread for manuals.

Alright so I've ordered a new spring and vent cap should be here around the same time as the new carb. I will post back after I receive all the new parts.

Latest posts

Back