Stretching the 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... My 046 Mag will also pull a 32" bar. These are great saws but mine is a few years older. Yours really looks nice and strong as an ape. The displacement of our two engines is likely the same. I added a dual ported muffler.

So, you spent about $1,100 on yours with B/C? Divide that by three. That's what I spent on mine.

I don't really know "all in all" MSRP: $9?? "R" 20170616_171829.jpg is $100 above ? I believe
ES Light: Came from a Member, Here
Irvin Ritola.

Apprehensive & lack of knowledge ... There was a lot of correspondence & appreciated advice regarding exhaust...
(Against some suggestions, post break in ... wojo. Dealer installed, standard tune.

Noticeable ... (Overall "Great Saw") ... Respectively!

I recently used a ported 046 with a 32” bar. That was in 28” Live Oak with a full skip chain round ground.

My stock 660 would have been a faster cutter but the 46 was lighter and a bit handier for massive limbing work.

461s have been pulling 32” B&Cs since their inception however that is a sweet ES Light you have their which would have been real nice in my situation. :rock:

Latest posts

Back