Husqvarna 572xp, First Impressions & Overview...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky almost seems timid or scared about releasing new pro saws to the market. The 5 series copped some bad press but they had some great design features that compared to other makes has kept them relevant right up to today. This 572 should have been on the shelves 2-4 years ago.
While I won't pretend to know anything about what made Husky take it's time with this saw, I will repeat what I said in another thread. Companies can't hide their mistakes anymore, everything is out in the open for everyone in the world to see. Unfortunately the 5 series saws were pretty much a disaster from day one IMHO, and I bet it hurt husqvarna's reputation.

I am pretty sure that the 562 is not damaging huskys reputation.
The 5 series saws have/had a nasty reputation for many years and have left a sour taste in the mouth of many who tried them in the beginning as well as more recently.
There is a reason the 3 series saws became legendary, and husky knows this, why do you think they put all the "legend" hype into all the advertising for the 572.
I'm not saying that some haven't enjoyed their 5 series saws, but not everyone has.
Personally I've had nothing but good experience with them and have owned many of the early models as well as newer ones.

Sorry but what is the function of that pin that enters that ring of the carter?

Attachments

• plex_wp_edited_image(2).jpg
    plex_wp_edited_image(2).jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 53
Given that the 572 xp has larger crank bearings than the 372 xp ,Is it just durability Husqvarna is striving for or perhaps a larger displacement top end could be a possibility , much like Makita /Dolmar did with the 6401 up to the 7901?
Going by the review I'm thinking they certainly have focused on more options.
Maybe I'm just a bit anxious to see if there is something coming to fit in the 75cc/80cc range.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Given that the 572 xp has larger crank bearings than the 372 xp ,Is it just durability Husqvarna is striving for or perhaps a larger displacement top end could be a possibility , much like Makita /Dolmar did with the 6401 up to the 7901?
Going by the review I'm thinking they certainly have focused on more options.
Maybe I'm just a bit anxious to see if there is something coming to fit in the 75cc/80cc range.

I would say the 572 runs right in the 75-80cc range in it's current form. If they jumped all the way to 90cc with it that would be an awesome saw. As it is it's a great runner already, I can't wait to run one that's well broke in.

We are at least 6months away from getting them here ,my 576 has been a fantastic saw but the 572 just looks like it has taken one Giant leap forward compared to its competitors.

We are not supposed to see any until august here as well. A buddy got one shipped here so I got the privilege to run one back in march, it's an xpg as well!
The 576 sure is a smooth saw.
Not sure it's ahead of the competitors if your speaking of the other brands, but it's a good runner for sure.
Here's my buddies 572, the others are mine, 576 low hr, 372 oe low hr, beat up 372 oe, and a ported xtorq set up with large Dawgs and a wrap bar.
We had a good time running them all that day.
IMG_20180324_140942294.jpg IMG_20180324_141004214.jpg IMG_20180324_141042964.jpg

We are not supposed to see any until august here as well. A buddy got one shipped here so I got the privilege to run one back in march, it's an xpg as well!
The 576 sure is a smooth saw.
Not sure it's ahead of the competitors if your speaking of the other brands, but it's a good runner for sure.
Here's my buddies 572, the others are mine, 576 low hr, 372 oe low hr, beat up 372 oe, and a ported xtorq set up with large Dawgs and a wrap bar.
We had a good time running them all that day.
View attachment 649396 View attachment 649397 View attachment 649398
A nice line up for sure,I thought the new 572 had taken a giant leap forward not the 576 but agree that the 576 is a good solid reliable saw.

Honestly I'm curious to try the 572 (in Italy it will arrive in October) but not always the new models seem better, I have a 2253 (550 xp) but I sincerely often continue to use the 2149, which seems to me has the same cutting capacity and handling and a better weight distribution.
Maybe the same will happen with the 572 vs 372 ... 372 which I still consider a great car, we'll see.

Honestly I'm curious to try the 572 (in Italy it will arrive in October) but not always the new models seem better, I have a 2253 (550 xp) but I sincerely often continue to use the 2149, which seems to me has the same cutting capacity and handling and a better weight distribution.
Maybe the same will happen with the 572 vs 372 ... 372 which I still consider a great car, we'll see.
I agree, newer isn't always better, but this one is legendary, husky already said so so you better run get one lol.
I'd argue about the power of a 346/550 the 550 always comes out on top for power both ported and stock, but when I go out in the woods to play a 346 is one of my favorites to run. The 346 does handle well, but I can get the job done with a 550 much quicker from a work standpoint.
I could think of worse ways to spend and afternoon than putting a 372xp 372xt 576xp & 572xp through their paces. I wonder if there is any 90cc prototypes in the hands of loggers as we speak being R&D tested. What always interests us most is what we can't have.
It was a good time.
Bob would be the one to ask about the prototypes.

A nice line up for sure,I thought the new 572 had taken a giant leap forward not the 576 but agree that the 576 is a good solid reliable saw.

Here's the 572 running a 26" in the same wood and the 576 with a 28", the 576 has had between 10-15 tanks through it while the 572 was on its second tank. Not sure what the wood was, but it was very picky on the chain you were running.
The last video is a ported 2172 with a 390xp carb and the same bar and chain that was on the 572, can't wait to see how the 572 does when it's broke in.

Back