Kiln

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnance

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I seen a few other people with similar setups. This is the kiln I build for my use. I am not selling wood. It’s 10’ long 4’ high 4’ wide. It’s just a base made from 2x6 Lumber with osb on top of that. Then 1” r6 foam board insulation on the sides and top just taped together. I put a dehumidifier it side it with a hose running out.
e354e93c982295bfe7eacf8c0bae47ce.jpg
3731bac6649191c7b26dbd8ef92d5a85.jpg
. It think I may need to add a vent to it. It’s 68* outside and 136* in side the kiln. The lumber in it now is red oak that has air dried for about 16 months. We will see how it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet the dehumidifier ***** the bed. They aren't designed to run in that kind of heat. You also need vents and airflow.

I bet the dehumidifier ***** the bed. They aren't designed to run in that kind of heat. You also need vents and airflow.
His wood dryer box is just a small house so I don't think it needs much venting. I wouldn't open a window in my house if I was running a dehumidifier.
Dennis

His wood dryer box is just a small house so I don't think it needs much venting. I wouldn't open a window in my house if I was running a dehumidifier.
Dennis

You also aren't trying to dry wood. We run a Nyle dehumidification kiln, it has a heating system/dehumidifier as well as fresh air intake and stale air outlets.

Wood has been it there 6 days. 5/4 red oak was 12% when I put it in it now at 6%. There is one piece of 10/4 that was 16% it’s down to 12%. I did put a vent in the top. I think it’s a good idea to let some of the hot air out. So I don’t burn up my dehumidifier. The insulation is not attached. so it should be able to draw air from around the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shut it down last night. 5/4 will not read anything on my meter (general from lowes)10/4 reads 7-5.6

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Back