How many saws do you regularly use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me old school, but I mostly use an ms361, and if I’m cutting additional small or big stuff I bring an ms192 rear handle or an 064.

I like having 2 Saw so I can cut the first stuck saw out of the tree!

I just mentioned what I use. We have hundreds of shelf queens/parts saws (and many could run and cut wood), but I have no desire to fire up a 1950s saw to make a living!

Have a 12x30? building and 14x20 building that is just saws, floor to ceiling. Plus some more spots in the shop.

As I said before, swing on by, bring a truck and help clean out the place! Only a few the bossman would maybe hold on to and even then $$ talks. Have a couple 2 man chainsaws even. Wright Sawzall type saws, 40s-60s Homelite, Mac, etc, etc. Parts saws 70s-90s.
Sorry but I don't have the time to dig around.

Been using a 37cc Ryobi for a while, best bargain out there at $109.00 before tax.
My daughter bought one of those. I filled the tanks, adjusted the bar and it fired on the first pull and started on the second. She wasn't there at the time and I wanted her to have the first cut. I was impressed for the price.

Own 4. All different sizes ranging from 35 to 70cc. The one that gets the most use is the Echo battery saw. However, most of that use is for small jobs. When larger tasks are at hand the bigger gas saws come out.

My 2 saw plan is a 50cc 346 with a 16 inch bar I use for most stuff and a 562 with a 20 inch I use for everything else:chainsaw:

I have sold off my 028 Super and my makita/dolmar to start saving for a 572. I plan to leave the 346 in my sxs and use the 562 with an 18 for small stuff and the 572 with a 24 for bigger wood. All we cut is hardwood for firewood.

My father in law uses a 262 and a 372 and moms boyfriend uses a stihl 180 and 362.

I usually take 2 with me to drop dead trees and cut firewood. I don't have that many saws but the ones I take with me depends on the job.
For most of my cutting average size trees I'll have a 20" Echo 600p or Rancher 455 with me. But if it's big red/white oak trees I'll take my 660 clone out for a rip. If there's lots of limbs like blown over pine trees or doing storm clean up a small top handle sure is handy and back-friendly, got an Echo 303t for that.

This leaves with the decision to decide to fix my 041 or not so I have a backup for my main saw. It's gonna take about $120 to get it going including a b/c. Still cheaper than most other 60cc saws. Granted I saw another craftsman 3.7 for sale for $50 locally which I'm considering instead...

Granted the 2775 is my next best thing right now once it's b/c is on.

This leaves with the decision to decide to fix my 041 or not so I have a backup for my main saw. It's gonna take about $120 to get it going including a b/c. Still cheaper than most other 60cc saws. Granted I saw another craftsman 3.7 for sale for $50 locally which I'm considering instead...

Granted the 2775 is my next best thing right now once it's b/c is on.
Id fix it. My 041 is a great saw. Pulls a 24 inch bar no problem.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Out of the 40+ that I have,---about 6 or so go to the job with me.---May not use all of them, BUT have been known to go thru them one time then have to refuel a couple or three the second time on the job.---If the pickup gets full of saws,--hook up the big trailer and start fillin it with saws!! thanks; sonny580

I used to take 3. An AM saw, a PM saw and an O saw. The AM saw is big and heavy. The PM saw is small and light and is used when the AM becomes too heavy or unavailable. The O saw can be almost any size and is used when neither the AM or PM are available.

I now usually take 2 sized to the job. 2 60cc, 2 82cc, 2 123cc or any combination thereof. Seems I get just as tired no matter the combination. The need for an O saw has lessened over the years.

Most used saw this past season was WWS MS361. Year to date ProMac 800.

Ron

Back