Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take the time to pull off covers and shrouds and stuff to inspect that 4th bolt hole area, but my serial number would indicate the saw has the old style cylinder and is unlikely to have been upgraded.

View attachment 649292

If you wanted to upgrade it you definitely can. Mine had just made the updated cylinder by the numbers.

I didn't take the time to pull off covers and shrouds and stuff to inspect that 4th bolt hole area, but my serial number would indicate the saw has the old style cylinder and is unlikely to have been upgraded.

View attachment 649292

Hi Poge,

I think that's a Huron Park factory saw. Does it happen to have the SN and date of manufacture scribed into the paint on the bottom of the case? I have a PP52 that was made in Peterbourough with that and have seen others as well.

where is a good place to get parts saw has been sitting for years with gas in it
thanks
Get a carb kit, 1/4" tygon fuel line and a fuel filter usually available from your local small engine motorcycle shop.
Starter rope should be on other side of fairlead. You might want the foot loop that is missing if the Ole girl has good compression
Welcome to the forum btw

I spent the first 20 years of my life in Maumee (Toledo suburb), Ohio... Are you anywhere close to that?

Sorry, Lou. Just sorta skimmed past this yesterday and meant to reply. I'm about 10 miles south of Vermilion and the lake sorta between Oberlin and Norwalk along the Vermilion river watershed..., before everything turns into cornfields a little further west. Lived in Oberlin for 30 years before deciding to get out of town a few years ago to a more laid back setup for retirement and goin' the distance. Wish I was a little further out but not complainin'. 'Bout 80 miles to Maumee from here.

Just missed out on a 3200 locally, dam I wanted one of those beasts. Nice one you have there

Was it the one on craigslist in tsawwassen with the 36" cannon bar? I saw that but decided I didn't really need another one. This one had a ruined top end on it when I got it, think I paid $20 for it, got new parts off of ebay and it runs great. I think the top end failure happened very early in its life, so it still has almost all of its original paint.

Went camping on the weekend and obviously took a couple saws. This one got to cut some old driftwood. Pulls the 28" nicely. Starts really easy too thanks to the addition of a modern primer bulb.

View attachment 649447
I did the modern primer bulb on my 14/20 . Nice saw you have!
IMG_1356.JPG

Back