firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In post above I was skidding out firewood logs, this is one of them,

standard.jpg

anyway, the other day I got them all cut into firewood lengths,

standard.jpg

They made a fair sized load and as always, my old 268xp ran perfectly,

standard.jpg

SO, after pulling that load home a couple days ago, my wife, a helper friend and myself, managed to get started splitting the load.

Some of the rounds were so big we took my 562xp and ripped them, then sliding them onto the splitters beam using an oak board to get them there,

standard.jpg

doing it that way, just takes all the lifting and much of the work out of dealing with BIG rounds! And, after a while of working at our own pace, we had one nice big pile of splits!

standard.jpg

We will be back at it S :) :) N...

SR

After years of faithful service, today I finally retired my Jackson wheelbarrow, and upgraded to this... :)
View attachment 648904

Been a long time and a lot of loads to get here.

1990, 2380 hours.

One of the most dependable, simple Skid Steers ever built.

NA 4b Cummins, 1750lb capacity, & will always start.

If you ever get the correct tires, you’ll wonder why someone ever changed them.

Dave - that makes sense with that hp.

Since I work alone, I want to be able to clean up small limbs and everything possible with the grapple. That is why the tines combing the brush would hopefully work well. I need to improve efficiency and reduce time for cleanup after I cut out an area. The result needs to look good too. The landowner is very fussy.
Your location could possibly be in your favor depending on where that is.

I’m going to sell my Solsbee
http://www.solesbees.com/skid_steer_grapple_rakes.php

63a1aee38aa7992d806034489d5f4649.jpg

And buy a 72” version of this one.
http://www.youngsweldinginc.com/products/root-grapple/

For all the reasons you & @Sawyer Rob mentioned.

One of the most dependable, simple Skid Steers ever built.

NA 4b Cummins, 1750lb capacity, & will always start.

If you ever get the correct tires, you’ll wonder why someone ever changed them.

A friend of mine said, it's so simple you'll think you're missing parts. There really isnt much to it.

A friend of mine said, it's so simple you'll think you're missing parts. There really isnt much to it.

My Grandfather has owned at least 2 for over 20 years, & because of his health he now has 3: he said this way he don’t have to change from forks to bucket to Grapple.

There’s other reasons, but we’re gonna go with that.

Sawyer Rob, who works for at a Pontiac dealer that got closed so they got the decals?
Back in 1969 thru 74 I worked for Fisher Body Pontiac. Put lots of different parts on those Judge GTO's from the fire wall back as I was a absentee replacemewnt guy.

Never cared much for those orange color cars.

:D Al

Sawyer Rob, who works for at a Pontiac dealer that got closed so they got the decals?
:D Al
I don't know?? I use to know a guy that worked at a place that made a bunch of emblems, I wanted some Impala emblems and also SS emblems, but he never came through with them.

SR

I'm with Sawyer Rob on the Fork mounted grabble thumb. I purchased mine from Titan Attachments and they are fantastic for brush, log loading/moving, moving rocks etc.... The set I bought slide on the forks (so you can remove and use forks alone). They also have 3 place adjustment for height of grapple attachment. Wish I had gotten a set years ago!

So I went and looked at the Kubota 2850 today, aaannnnnd It followed me home :)
lKmp7FTl.jpg

It has a third valve with a hydraulic top link, I may use it for a while and see how it does with the turf tires. I have some chains and maybe some R4's will be in order.
It's a shuttle shift, high low range 4x4, loader, 4 speeds in each range. I'm gonna love the hydraulic top link. Now I have to cut the PTO shaft down and test the winch :) then get some firewood out.

I had a 2850 for several years. Great little unit, you will love it. Very capable machine and rick simple. Mine had r1s I would recommend loaded tires and some chains and I think the turfs will be fine

After years of faithful service, today I finally retired my Jackson wheelbarrow, and upgraded to this... :)
View attachment 648904

Been a long time and a lot of loads to get here.

1990, 2380 hours.

New wheels and tires today. Beefy!

20180620_152201.jpg 20180620_152208.jpg

A distant neighbor stopped over and asked if I wanted a nice Sycamore "short" that came off one of her huge Sycamore trees... I said "sure" and next time I was over that way, I picked it up from her yard, it took two of us to get it in my pu

Anyway, one of the things I did today was to get it on the BSM and turn it into boards,

standard.jpg

When I have these "shorts" like this, I like to take them apart and put them back together with stickers, just like they came apart, and that's what I got started doing with this one,

standard.jpg

The lumber that came out of it, was really NICE!,

standard.jpg

So I kept cutting and stacking,

standard.jpg

until I had it all back together with stickers!

standard.jpg

It's a fun job to break up my day...and I'd rather see it turned into lumber than firewood!
orig.gif

SR

Latest posts

Back