chimney cleanin day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that for the year? If so looks good. Mine sure is a lot darker.
So is mine, usually almost black. Hard to believe that's a whole year of build up on the liner. Are you sure the cleaning made it all the way to the top? I hired a sweep a few years back who never made it to the top with his equipment, He worked from the bottom up and was always 9 feet short. Eventually the chimney plugged up solid at the top.

So is mine, usually almost black. Hard to believe that's a whole year of build up on the liner. Are you sure the cleaning made it all the way to the top? I hired a sweep a few years back who never made it to the top with his equipment, He worked from the bottom up and was always 9 feet short. Eventually the chimney plugged up solid at the top.
I actually did it from the top ....down

Good job.
I have mine to do to.
It's a Selkirk stainless 8" I/D and 12" outside diameter
My soot is blacker and I have a lot less amount as I only burn maybe 3 cords a year as supplement to my pellet stove, which also needs to be done now too.

I actually measured it n it was little under a quart...some of it was from the secondary tubes n baffle

I do my cleaning after the summer. During the summer I have Chimney Swifts that nest in the chimney. I get a kick when it is feeding time and the babies go crazy crying to be fed. They help clean the chimney. It has been like this for years. I clean from the top down and remove the build up plus the bird's nests. The Swifts will arrive here soon. LOL.

Latest posts

Back