I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one in my bench vise downstairs. It's worth every penny! Truly a great accessory. Mike does a great job with these. I recommend you all take the plunge. It's a piece of equipment that will last a lifetime.

Mike do you have a design with a thin enough relief cut to accommodate the husky roller guide for 3/8 lo pro chain? Stihl picco is the same thing I think. The roller guide is black in this case. I tried with my gen 2 guide but the black roller won't fit over the top rail that grips the driver links. The 0.325 pitch silver one and the blue 3/8 one works great.

If you built one that works with the black husky roller guide I would buy it :)

Love the guides we have... Mine with the relief for roller guides and my brother the HD version no relief for guides he free files.

Cheers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mike do you have a design with a thin enough relief cut to accommodate the husky roller guide for 3/8 lo pro chain? Stihl picco is the same thing I think. The roller guide is black in this case. I tried with my gen 2 guide but the black roller won't fit over the top rail that grips the driver links. The 0.325 pitch silver one and the blue 3/8 one works great.

If you built one that works with the black husky roller guide I would buy it :)

Love the guides we have... Mine with the relief for roller guides and my brother the HD version no relief for guides he free files.

Cheers.

Hey there I'm glad you're happy with what you guys have, I didn't even know they made a roller for 3/8 low... If you can get a pair of calipers and measure the slot in the roller guide I will be able to tell you if it will work. The latest generation is just like the second generation only longer so it may not work but I could modify one for you to make it work.

Hey there I'm glad you're happy with what you guys have, I didn't even know they made a roller for 3/8 low... If you can get a pair of calipers and measure the slot in the roller guide I will be able to tell you if it will work. The latest generation is just like the second generation only longer so it may not work but I could modify one for you to make it work.
I'll check it out and get back to you. Thanks Mike.

Mine works fine with all 3 of the Husky roller guides.
Interesting... I'll have to check more closely. Mine gets tight with the blue one when filing my 0.063 gauge chain. A relief cut on the back would solve the issue for blue and black guides likely since the front is already thinned with a relief cut.

Maybe I'll see if Mike can mod mine for me. Be happy to send some dollars. I don't have a way to machine anything and would be great to have original designer make the change.

Interesting... I'll have to check more closely. Mine gets tight with the blue one when filing my 0.063 gauge chain. A relief cut on the back would solve the issue for blue and black guides likely since the front is already thinned with a relief cut.

Maybe I'll see if Mike can mod mine for me. Be happy to send some dollars. I don't have a way to machine anything and would be great to have original designer make the change.

I will have to check mine with .063 chain.

Latest posts

Back